Newbie seeking help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have permission to work 600 hundred aces of pasture land. Theres a dry creek bed around 12 foot wide that runs into the great dividing range behind the property thats state forest.
My plan is to metal detect along this creek bed looking for small gold as well as taking some soil samples home to pan. I have no experience panning and very little detecting but read and watched some videos regarding.
Im unsure if this creek bed holds gold but worth looking as the owner is telling me its never been detected.
Im planning on running my XP ORX in the inner corners around the tree roots etc and hopefully find a rock shelf with some deep gutters to pan later.
How would you guys tackle this creek bed.
Any and all advice welcome.

Gday OC.

Detecting a creek bed on farmland might go ok but there is a fair chance wire, broken tin buckets, steel, etc may drive you silly.

Certainly finding some good bed rock/crevices and getting some material from right out of the very bottom to pan will tell you if there is gold there. Even a few flakes will at least tell you there is something bearing gold in the vicinity.

Good luck :Y:

I have access to a few propertys in the area but this creek looks to nice to pass up. I give it a go and see what comes out.
Thanks guys :Y:

Latest posts