Newbie {lol}.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new at this forum thing anyhow am in dubbo nsw like this new hobby.Got a at pro found some odd stuff around the west .
Built my own sluice after researching how and what,tried it a couple times to find a some micro gold so far.
building my own mini highbanker / underflow sluice - economy model and testing in back yard before I go out for a real trial.

Hi Prospector Steve, welcome aboard. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, we don't bite :D

How are you liking the AT-PRO so far?

I bite :) No seriously, good on ya for having a go at building your own sluice. Good luck with your under flow Highbanker too.

Nugget said:
Hi Prospector Steve, welcome aboard. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, we don't bite :D

How are you liking the AT-PRO so far?

Hi, nugget ,seems to be very good not sure if its capable of detecting gold as have not yet found any yet .
maybe a better location would apply.it appears to me every where I go there are rat holes dug all over .
yes I wont be giving up that easy.
Mate its wat its all about getting out having fun in the process. watching some good informative utube movies which help,
pinpointing areas and wat to look for.

cheers steve.

Aussie Detecting said:
I bite :) No seriously, good on ya for having a go at building your own sluice. Good luck with your under flow Highbanker too.

G,day , aussie detecting sluice was preety straight forward, highbanker is a bit more of a challenge but that's done too.
fine tuning would be the focus now,will send a pic if u r interested.

cheers: steve

Hi Steve, the AT-PRO probably isn't the best choice for finding gold as it's more of a coin & relic machine, and a good one at that. But you never know unless you try and as you said it's all about having fun, once you stop having fun I think it's time to give it up.

Have you done any beach or park detecting?

Also feel free to post a pic of your highbanker on the forum, I'm sure others would love to see it :D

Cheers nugget, tried bowen beach qld last year ,with not much of a result ground setting come up to 90+,i think I was too new when I tried that beach or it was very high in mineral.must admin the sand looked like it was 20% gold with the glitter???
parks no not yet,but want a super sniper coil to perhaps tune in to stuff I might be missing.

best regards steve

My advice, ground balance. The AT Pro will handle it. The soil here in Bendigo gives a reading high like that. Sniper coil hey? I wonder where you can get one of those?? :)

2zhjwap.jpg

I bought my Super Sniper coil direct from Garrett Australia. Check out their website for price.

Latest posts