Newbie in Alice Springs. centre of everything/middle of no where!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

stumbled on to this site which is packed with information. Pans are on the way and have a couple of spots to have a gander at when it cools down a bit (40C in the shade).

If anyone is local or near Alice give me a yell, would be great to meet some other panners and make a weekend of exploring.

Cheers,

Dale.

Welcome aboard the PA forum dale, yep lots of handy info to be found on here mate, goodluck chasing the elusive yella :cool:

welcome madbarbi
Im new myself to this forum .
There seem to be a lot of very keen and motivated , inventive people here .
Hope you are getting as much out of this forum as i have so far .
Anyway all the best in N.T .

Shame, was working in Alice at Kittles not long ago, had my detector in store back in WA. Lot of ground staked out up the Tanami and a lot of mines north around Tennant Creek. Get ready for may june time.

Thanks guys,

been reading on here for a while, the NT seems to be full of gold if you know where to look.

got some DT cons to have a practice with ... pretty happy so far first time ever with a pan and finding plenty of colour in the pan

if you know of anyone around alice would be great to have a chat (most likely a beer).

April/June will be out and about.

have had a blast with DT cons ... found colour in pretty much every pan so far, trying to get a decent tech for dry panning ( not much water/running creeks up here) and go from there.

thanks for the warm welcome guys/gals.

cheers,

Dale

Hi Dale
Yer suppose lack of water would be a problem. Have a look at dry blower,s
lots of fun a little dusty at times but seem to trap the gold . You still have to pan a little . But about 2-3 wheel barrows go down to maybe 1.5 litre,s of con,s in a ten litre bucket .

Great place the Alice. Been there a heap of times. You are right the Tanami has some real auriferous looking areas.
Welcome aboard and happy hunting mate
GT :)

So that escalated quickly...... from ... just going to start with panning.. seems i caught the fever and now have a brand spanking new sdc2300... too many places not enough time... slow and low, step by step.

Latest posts