Newbie from the Manning area, gold hunting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys n gals, my wife and I and on the verge of semi retiring. We both want to see a bit more of OZ and taking with us our new bit of prospecting kit. Neither of us has ever used or been prospecting before, so we no nothing apart from watching YouTube videos.
We have some maps, gold map apps, and are looking at the manning river along Thunderbolts Way, The Cells and west. Just some day tripping to start with so that we can acclimatize ourselves to the outdoors adventure. Have an All Wheel drive vehicle, so can't really get into any rough stuff.
Have a sluice, pick, shovel, couple of pans/sieve, and just got a SDC 2300 detector and pin pointer (thought we might splurge to increase chances). My wife also wants to check out the beaches.
I recon this could be a place to meet some very special people and some eccentric people just like us.

Hi guys n gals, my wife and I and on the verge of semi retiring. We both want to see a bit more of OZ and taking with us our new bit of prospecting kit. Neither of us has ever used or been prospecting before, so we no nothing apart from watching YouTube videos.
We have some maps, gold map apps, and are looking at the manning river along Thunderbolts Way, The Cells and west. Just some day tripping to start with so that we can acclimatize ourselves to the outdoors adventure. Have an All Wheel drive vehicle, so can't really get into any rough stuff.
Have a sluice, pick, shovel, couple of pans/sieve, and just got a SDC 2300 detector and pin pointer (thought we might splurge to increase chances). My wife also wants to check out the beaches.
I recon this could be a place to meet some very special people and some eccentric people just like us.
How did you go at the cells? That place is on my list, but I hear access can be a bit tricky.
Roger.

Hi Tony and Robyn

Be careful, the Cells have been taken over by National Parks and they have closed it off to anyone detecting, sluicing or panning for gold there. Heavy fines have already been dished out to those who chance their day of glory there.

Latest posts