Newbi - CTX 3030

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

First post, long time lurker.

After a few months of swinging a few basic detectors, (Go- Find 40/Bounty) just around the local areas I got the bug.

Sold up some stuff from other hobbies I no longer pursue and went for it, buying a new CTX 3030. Only had it for about a month.

Had some success with the limited time and locations (suburban Melbourne). Mainly modern coins, badges, costume jewellery etc.

Best finds so far are a gold wedding band and Aust Military forces button. Still waiting for my first pre-decimal.

Anyway, be great to catch up with anyone in Victoria/Melbourne with a CTX to learn a thing or two.

Thanks

You've come to the right place, this is the de-lurking centre!
1518388065_lurker.jpg

Danny13 said:
Nice finds detectorist, Chinese coin also :Y:

Thanks Dan, yes havent cleaned them up yet to check.

Found my first pre-decimal (Penny) at a local closed high school. Right in the goal square. Being suburban Melbourne there isn't many pre decimals on public land near me I can imagine.

Really starting to find my grove with the CTX. Been making some programs on the XChange to suit the local area and what I'm after atm.

silver said:
Gday mate bit hard to get all that dirt back in once it's spread out too far.... nice find though
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Noted :Y: I have a towel and some predator tools which help with better plugs now. This was a demolition site. Had permission. Construction site now.