New Pi Gold Detector Rumours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfau said:
Ridge Runner said:
Narrawa said:
What it has to do with is by sliencing the target signals for certain objects that fall under certain frequencies.

This sounds good in theory but it isn't going to work. A single frequency picks up all metal, it's just that it is better on certain conductivities.
E.g. a 71 kHz gold bug 2, yes it is dynamite on tiny low conductive targets, but it doesn't mean it won't pick up a 50c coin. Just won't get it as deep as a 7.5 kHz unit would. Hope that makes sense.

I know where your coming from with what your Saying Wolfau, yet its not happening with what it is we are using to date. In time someone will work it out im sure, but at the moment, there just repackaging old hats in new boxes.

The v3i is not a difficult detector, its more a fun detector in my opinion..it pretty much helps you understand many of the pre set parameters many other makes and models dont allow user control over. We know much of it is present in all the others and can nail the benefit of having it user selectable in the v3i....and a few others

If only the manufacturers actually listened to their customers......many of us would have one detector...and not collect them like its a hobby in itself. :/

yeah, those frequencies would have to be NOT preset but free Ranging so they could they had the freedom to respond to the metal they liked best which would give a whole new meaning to AI (Artificial Intelligence)

John

I love what the V3i can do but it bothers me with all the adjustable things within the menus it makes the 5000 look like a toy (No Disrespect) and yes I have always wanted one but it just bothers me, along with the time being spent searching through menu's, which is why I like the MXT, and the TDI's and the SD and GP series' of machines, Along with the Sovereign GT and the Musketeer and the Eureka Gold etc, The knobs just give me direct access to change what I need to change,

John

Its very simple to use and the menu if very user friendly. What the machine
Needs is the ability to choose frequencies.

Ridge Runner said:
Well I have taken the MXTs in ground that have been hit with every machine since 1968 and I am still finding stuff And lately I have done some testing with my SL and it has restored my faith in it as I was looking for a Miracle machine, when the fact is if I really pay attention to what I am doing I can match the technology that exists out there,, it would be cool if it looked like the TDI Pro or the ATX but changeable coils, But it don't and Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,

Minelab talk about their machines power and abilities, which is Good. But Whites Don't and it is not until you get out there and do some serious testing that you find out some of these little Tricks, It would be better if Whites did tell you more about the machines abilities when you are doing a search on their products like minelab do,

What ever comes out in the next year or so will be an improvement but all the current machines will still be out there doing their bit, like I said after 40 odd years of detectors yet I can take a machine to the same spot and find 3 gold items and one silver Item, then these new machines are not going to change the world as we Know it, But you can Bet they will be a lot of Fun,

John

Mate you just cant use a vlf detector in highly mineralised ground. Theres too much falsing former gmt fan here. I only went to minelab because gmt is too sensitive

G0lddigg@ said:
Ridge Runner said:
Well I have taken the MXTs in ground that have been hit with every machine since 1968 and I am still finding stuff And lately I have done some testing with my SL and it has restored my faith in it as I was looking for a Miracle machine, when the fact is if I really pay attention to what I am doing I can match the technology that exists out there,, it would be cool if it looked like the TDI Pro or the ATX but changeable coils, But it don't and Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,

Minelab talk about their machines power and abilities, which is Good. But Whites Don't and it is not until you get out there and do some serious testing that you find out some of these little Tricks, It would be better if Whites did tell you more about the machines abilities when you are doing a search on their products like minelab do,

What ever comes out in the next year or so will be an improvement but all the current machines will still be out there doing their bit, like I said after 40 odd years of detectors yet I can take a machine to the same spot and find 3 gold items and one silver Item, then these new machines are not going to change the world as we Know it, But you can Bet they will be a lot of Fun,

John

Mate you just cant use a vlf detector in highly mineralised ground. Theres too much falsing former gmt fan here. I only went to minelab because gmt is too sensitive

I know that But what has this got to do with me and my post, when I am referring to what I have used in the areas I have worked form Queensland to Over here,

john

Sorry mate that was lazy of me...

"Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,"

G0lddigg@ said:
Sorry mate that was lazy of me...

"Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,"

Lol, I kept reading it over and over and asking my self what am I not seeing, I was getting quite frustrated with my self,

I was talking about my PI machine there when I said about being out Gunned.

Cheers,,, John

G0lddigg@ said:
Lol sorry mate didnt mean to frustrate u :)

No don't be, I thought I was having a senior moment, but I'm not sure if I am old enough for that ???

Better check in the mirror

mmmm Maybe?? John

PhaseTech said:
E.g. a 71 kHz gold bug 2, yes it is dynamite on tiny low conductive targets, but it doesn't mean it won't pick up a 50c coin. Just won't get it as deep as a 7.5 kHz unit would. Hope that makes sense.

Just found this today. Take a read below if your interested.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,72529

The guys in that forum are very technically minded and experienced.

Nasa Tom designed the cz3d and has extensive knowledge and
Experience with electronics and detectors.

Tom also calibrates the cz3d and I beleive works for Nasa.

For anything technical this is my go to forum.

Yes iv been reading that forum for some time now, very in depth information about various MDs there.
When conducting air tests as they do, i get much the same results, but when it comes to putting it to the ground here, things are not the same.

Was there anything in the thread you linked to of particular interest.?

Narrawa said:
Yes iv been reading that forum for some time now, very in depth information about various MDs there.
When conducting air tests as they do, i get much the same results, but when it comes to putting it to the ground here, things are not the same.

Was there anything in the thread you linked to of particular interest.?

I actaully own one of Toms calibrated CZ3D. Awesome detector. At one point I had owned 2.

Me and you and anyone else I speak with who have been detecting for years have the same thoughts on
some stuff which I won't get into.

In reference to soil testing our soils are different so your gonna get different results.

Keith S is awesome and some of his finds are incredible. I saw a photo of a sword he found in the USA it was mind blowing.

Its Keiths experience with pulling out the goodies in high iron that I discovered what we could be missing by just using the
discriminator so I now own the XP Deus which has the reactivity setting. Perfect for old Ghost Towns.
I am addicted to how fast and light it is in weight and mind you this technology is a few years old.

A reply here stated that high frequency you can not detect deeper coins. My thoughts changed on this
after owning the Tesoro Dingo and having used the G2 though the G2 was higher in frequency than the Dingo
I did suspect it was going deeper.

Then a few days ago in Tom's forum a guy started a thread about frequencies.

Tom confirmed the same thing.

You can read it below if your interested.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,72529

Yes iv red it a few times. Nothing comes to light in regards to frequency, other than whats been said about newer models punching in a little deeper..?

Thought about the Deus, but put off with recharging coils, and im not into headphones myself. Still too much to learn about the v3i for me to give up on it. That will only happen when its been updated by something with more to play with.

Narrawa said:
Yes iv red it a few times. Nothing comes to light in regards to frequency, other than whats been said about newer models punching in a little deeper..?

Thought about the Deus, but put off with recharging coils, and im not into headphones myself. Still too much to learn about the v3i for me to give up on it. That will only happen when its been updated by something with more to play with.

Nothing to be put off on the batteries. They last for a long time and can be replaced.

I will let you in a little secret and other detector manufacturers can learn lots from.
XP Metal Detectors just about makes everything inhouse they need including components and so on,
so if parts are no longer available from a third party its not an issue.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uk_conception.php

Its a very impressive company and a very impressive detector.

I am excited to see what new product they might have for us if any in the next year or 2.

Imagine if they designed a Pulse Induction Gold Detector that is wireless, very light and the control box maybe
twice the size as the deus remote, would'nt that be something?

I will let you in a little secret and other detector manufacturers can learn lots from.
XP Metal Detectors just about makes everything inhouse they need including components and so on,
Who is oz does repairs.?

Narrawa said:
Who is oz does repairs.?

Not sure.

Not much can go wrong though.

The controller is I think as small as the small iphone and then you have the coil and headphones.

I suspect with most imported detectors they would need to go back to the manufacturer.

No concern on my end. Its quicker to get things from overseas than withiin Aus.

Its been nearly 2 weeks since I ordered some car repair paint and still has not arrived from
Aus.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Wolf' the fisher Pi could be closer than we think.... There all waiting on Minelab as they have to be first'

It looks like the release date is on the 7000 is on the 23rd
Of Feb. Can't wait to see what happens after this if others
Are waiting for this release first.

Edit: have changed the date to release date as per below
Reply.

The specs are released on the 18th mate detector 23rd.... me too hope theres some new technology out there and fierce competition

G0lddigg@ said:
The specs are released on the 18th mate detector 23rd.... me too hope theres some new technology out there and fierce competition
I hope this new detector helps identify more easilly the gold
Compared to iron thats in the ground. If it has this capability
I will buy one and Spend half a week out in the gold fields
the other at work.

Its what we need more identification capability rather than
Depth thats my opinion anyway.

Interesting 3 months ahead i think with what gets released.

Wolfau said:
Narrawa said:
Who is oz does repairs.?

Not sure.

Not much can go wrong though.

The controller is I think as small as the small iphone and then you have the coil and headphones.

I suspect with most imported detectors they would need to go back to the manufacturer.

No concern on my end. Its quicker to get things from overseas than withiin Aus.

Its been nearly 2 weeks since I ordered some car repair paint and still has not arrived from
Aus.
Sorry, i thought this thread was about the possibilities of other brand PIs , and not the GPZ-7k.

Latest posts