New Pi Gold Detector Rumours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Its going to be an interesting 18 months with what may be released in reference to new
PI Gold Detectors.

There are rumours that whites is developing a hybrid detector which uses a mix of
PI and VLF and hold a patent for. Not an electronics Guru but the pulse might be used
for the depth and the vlf side for discrimination. I am excited about this prospect and
if they get this right could be a game changer.

Rumours have it that it might be an updated v3i. The v3i is a brilliant machine just
needs the ability to let you choose which frequencies you want to hunt in and combined
with the new technology it could be one awesome machine that gives you depth, discrimination
and the ability of blocking out aluminium screw caps but still detecting all silver coins inc
the aussie 1$ and $2.

Whats interesting is the way the PI could work on the new machine compared to
other PI detectors.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20110316541

They could make 2 variations. One being water proof the other not with the units
priced accordingly.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/621-new-whites-electronics-v4-detector/

The other rumour came from a dealer who has told me an overseas company has been
out here to Australia and have tested the detector in question on Aussie soils. Time will tell
though if this ends up happening.

The other could come from Fisher with talk online these guys are devloping a PI Gold Detector.
Fisher have an experienced team of staff which include Dave Johnson who has designed a
plethora of vlf detectors and Carl Moreland who had worked at Whites. This could be
one very interesting machine.

I have provided a link to Steves website who talks more about these detector rumours.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/478-best-metal-detector-rumors-2015/

Wolf' the fisher Pi could be closer than we think.... There all waiting on Minelab as they have to be first'

Well I have taken the MXTs in ground that have been hit with every machine since 1968 and I am still finding stuff And lately I have done some testing with my SL and it has restored my faith in it as I was looking for a Miracle machine, when the fact is if I really pay attention to what I am doing I can match the technology that exists out there,, it would be cool if it looked like the TDI Pro or the ATX but changeable coils, But it don't and Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,

Minelab talk about their machines power and abilities, which is Good. But Whites Don't and it is not until you get out there and do some serious testing that you find out some of these little Tricks, It would be better if Whites did tell you more about the machines abilities when you are doing a search on their products like minelab do,

What ever comes out in the next year or so will be an improvement but all the current machines will still be out there doing their bit, like I said after 40 odd years of detectors yet I can take a machine to the same spot and find 3 gold items and one silver Item, then these new machines are not going to change the world as we Know it, But you can Bet they will be a lot of Fun,

John

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Wolf' the fisher Pi could be closer than we think.... There all waiting on Minelab as they have to be first'

I won't be surprised as the team at Fisher is very experienced and its been a long time since the first rumour started.

The link below will give you an insight about Dave Johnson and his extensive expereince in building detectors.

http://www.tekneticst2.com/tekfiles/davejohnsonjohngardinerinterview.htm

I read somewhere they have a guy that can solder together the required board with components in no time for prototype detectors.

Its a smart move especially if Fisher have tested the detector and the added bonus is if its been tested here in Vic or WA and they
know the capability of this new machine. I would do the same wait until the competition release the product then launch yours
and make sure its priced right. Whats going to determine its success though is marketing the product.

Very interesting times ahead. Just wonder what the focus will be on the new machine in reference to target size and the price.

Ridge Runner said:
Well I have taken the MXTs in ground that have been hit with every machine since 1968 and I am still finding stuff And lately I have done some testing with my SL and it has restored my faith in it as I was looking for a Miracle machine, when the fact is if I really pay attention to what I am doing I can match the technology that exists out there,, it would be cool if it looked like the TDI Pro or the ATX but changeable coils, But it don't and Power wise I don't feel out Gunned and it has the power/depth to match any others when I set it up right,

Minelab talk about their machines power and abilities, which is Good. But Whites Don't and it is not until you get out there and do some serious testing that you find out some of these little Tricks, It would be better if Whites did tell you more about the machines abilities when you are doing a search on their products like minelab do,

What ever comes out in the next year or so will be an improvement but all the current machines will still be out there doing their bit, like I said after 40 odd years of detectors yet I can take a machine to the same spot and find 3 gold items and one silver Item, then these new machines are not going to change the world as we Know it, But you can Bet they will be a lot of Fun,

John

Hi John,

The following might interest you about Dave Johnson (DS).

DS: Would you mind giving us a list of detectors youve had a hand in developing?

Dave: "Old Fisher: 1260, 1220, 1210, 1225, 1235, 1265, 1266, 1280, Impulse, CZ6, CZ5, CZ20, Gold Bug, Gold Bug II, TW6/Gemini, FX-3, and several industrial products.

Tesoro: Diablo MicroMax, Lobo Supertraq.

Whites: DFX, Beachhunter ID, GMT, MXT

Troy: Shadow X5

Bounty Hunter & related products: nearly everything we manufacture. Many of these products are adapted from the original Teknetics which was designed by George Payne. The Teknetics T2 however was an entirely new design.

New Fisher: F75, F4, and everything else since then.

On most of the above I was the lead engineer. On the Whites DFX and Beachhunter ID I developed the multiple frequency circuitry, and other engineers designed products around that circuitry. In addition to the above there are many products on the market which are adaptations by other engineers of products I designed."

Source: http://www.tekneticst2.com/tekfiles/davejohnsonjohngardinerinterview.htm

Don't forget Nokta have also mentioned they are looking at a PI machine.

Wolfau, you said: "The v3i is a brilliant machine just needs the ability to let you choose which frequencies you want to hunt in"
I thought you could already do that?

PhaseTech said:
Don't forget Nokta have also mentioned they are looking at a PI machine.

Wolfau, you said: "The v3i is a brilliant machine just needs the ability to let you choose which frequencies you want to hunt in"
I thought you could already do that?

Yes that is correct but in total there are I think 2 in Europe looking at building a PI. One I was told has already finished testing
here in Australia and may surprise a few.

In reference to the whites No you can't choose which 2 frequencies. Whites I think will end up having a brilliant coin detector, probally
one of the best in the market if this was made available because then you can discriminate targets via frequency. I have used my fair
share of detectors and I am sure whites is aware of what I am saying and though I may of let the cat out of the bag the future in
discrimination is in my opinion via frequency. As an example silver and the $1 and $2 coins ping on the lower
frequency. You can see this on the pin point graph. Aluminium screw caps ping at 7.5khz. then you have the higher
frequency. So you choose the 2.5khz range and the higher frequency and like magic aluminium screw caps are gone :)
along with though some other targets such as a really thick ring unless more frequencies are added which can break down
the ranges even further.

Now to make this machine really brilliant it would be great to have more frequency ranges for example 2.5, 7.5, 12, 15, 19.
You then can test different targets and see what comes through at which frequency and take it from there by blocking that
particular frequency. What would be really cool if this had a digital frequency read out where you can use which
frequency you want by digitally selecting or blocking.

Keep in mind though accuracy might only be upto around 6" to 8".

People say vlf has reached its peak - I disagree because for a long time blocking out targets was only possible via either a
discrimination setting in which you lose a little depth or by blocking out the signal in that discrimination range where you
don't lose depth like the fisher cz series.

Don't take me wrong nothing is perfect but I think if these changes were made it would be nearly the perfect coin shooting
detector. Hope this makes sense.

The blocking of targets I talk about is when you use the discriminator to discriminate out certain junk items.

Unfortunately there is to many variables to do as your suggesting via frequency. If the v3i was able to disc out, or even ID via its frequencies like you say...there would be only one VLF detector spoken about on all the forums world wide. Unfortunately, its not the case. The v3i is really no different at IDing caps. I can find caps on all its frequencies when used separately....just as i can find our coins by doing the same. Given each detector that uses a different frequency....how do you disc/ID by frequency with each of them.?

Q.1 What is the most expensive VLF detector on the market today.?

Q.2 How well can this detector ID s/caps, r/pulls and twist tops compared to other makes and models.?

Narrawa said:
Unfortunately there is to many variables to do as your suggesting via frequency. If the v3i was able to disc out, or even ID via its frequencies like you say...there would be only one VLF detector spoken about on all the forums world wide. Unfortunately, its not the case. The v3i is really no different at IDing caps. I can find caps on all its frequencies when used separately....just as i can find our coins by doing the same. Given each detector that uses a different frequency....how do you disc/ID by frequency with each of them.?

Q.1 What is the most expensive VLF detector on the market today.?

Q.2 How well can this detector ID s/caps, r/pulls and twist tops compared to other makes and models.?

The answer to your questions is the reason your using a v3i...

You misread what I wrote and we have shared our thoughts on this already.

It has nothing to do with discrimination.

It has nothing to do with identifying the target either and trying to block it.

What it has to do with is by sliencing the target signals for certain objects that fall under certain frequencies.

Go to a local park with your v3i and throw an alumium screw cap on the ground. A foot away throw a $2 on the ground.

Now go over both targets. The aluminium screw cap will come up as 7.5khz while the coin will come up as 2.5khz.
Now if you had a choice to choose the frequency range you want to detect and the detector was silent on the other
and you chose the 2.5khz and the higher one (not the 7.5khz) the v3i would be quiet on the 7.5kz targets and sound off on the
others hence no signal over the aluminium screw caps. You can't tell me this will not work because the v3i is already
doing part of this work by giving you a frequency reading on targets detected.

Now add a few more frequencies and where you can fine tune your machine a bit more by signal blocking the signals relative to
the frequencies of certain things you want to block out and your on a winner.

The more frequenices added the more fine tuning you can make.

Wolfau said:
Go to a local park with your v3i and throw an alumium screw cap on the ground. A foot away throw a $2 on the ground.
Now go over both targets. The aluminium screw cap will come up as 7.5khz while the coin will come up as 2.5khz.
Now if you had a choice to choose the frequency range you want to detect and the detector was silent on the other
and you chose the 2.5khz and the higher one (not the 7.5khz) the v3i would be quiet on the 7.5kz targets and sound off on the
others hence no signal over the aluminium screw caps.

That sounds amazing - can you point me to a video where that V3i feature is demonstrated?

grubstake said:
Wolfau said:
others hence no signal over the aluminium screw caps.

That sounds amazing - can you point me to a video where that V3i feature is demonstrated?

Not sure if there is one but it does work. Its awesome but having an ability to choose frequency
will make this machine a winner. If and win a machine like this is released I will sell the XP
Deus as long as it is a tad lighter.

This sounds good in theory but it isn't going to work. A single frequency picks up all metal, it's just that it is better on certain conductivities.
E.g. a 71 kHz gold bug 2, yes it is dynamite on tiny low conductive targets, but it doesn't mean it won't pick up a 50c coin. Just won't get it as deep as a 7.5 kHz unit would. Hope that makes sense.

What it has to do with is by sliencing the target signals for certain objects that fall under certain frequencies.

This sounds good in theory but it isn't going to work. A single frequency picks up all metal, it's just that it is better on certain conductivities.
E.g. a 71 kHz gold bug 2, yes it is dynamite on tiny low conductive targets, but it doesn't mean it won't pick up a 50c coin. Just won't get it as deep as a 7.5 kHz unit would. Hope that makes sense.

I know where your coming from with what your Saying Wolfau, yet its not happening with what it is we are using to date. In time someone will work it out im sure, but at the moment, there just repackaging old hats in new boxes.

The v3i is not a difficult detector, its more a fun detector in my opinion..it pretty much helps you understand many of the pre set parameters many other makes and models dont allow user control over. We know much of it is present in all the others and can nail the benefit of having it user selectable in the v3i....and a few others

If only the manufacturers actually listened to their customers......many of us would have one detector...and not collect them like its a hobby in itself. :/

Wolfau said:
Ridge Runner said:

John

Hi John,

The following might interest you about Dave Johnson (DS).

DS: Would you mind giving us a list of detectors youve had a hand in developing?

Dave: "Old Fisher: 1260, 1220, 1210, 1225, 1235, 1265, 1266, 1280, Impulse, CZ6, CZ5, CZ20, Gold Bug, Gold Bug II, TW6/Gemini, FX-3, and several industrial products.

Tesoro: Diablo MicroMax, Lobo Supertraq.

Whites: DFX, Beachhunter ID, GMT, MXT

Troy: Shadow X5

Bounty Hunter & related products: nearly everything we manufacture. Many of these products are adapted from the original Teknetics which was designed by George Payne. The Teknetics T2 however was an entirely new design.

New Fisher: F75, F4, and everything else since then.

On most of the above I was the lead engineer. On the Whites DFX and Beachhunter ID I developed the multiple frequency circuitry, and other engineers designed products around that circuitry. In addition to the above there are many products on the market which are adaptations by other engineers of products I designed."

Source: http://www.tekneticst2.com/tekfiles/davejohnsonjohngardinerinterview.htm

Yeah that's Quite an Achievement by Dave Johnson, Aye. There's a White paper somewhere on the Whites web site where Dave Tells the story how while he was making the MXT that they had enough technology in reserve from testing that Gave them what they needed to Build the GMT and the fact the MXT was Made first and not the other way round as per popular belief,
Such People as Dave Johnson and Eric Foster and Our ever reliable Reg and Carl Moreland will go down in History Along with Bruce Candy and his top Technical people, Who would think that half a dozen people could change the world by helping others find history and Fortunes to Mine Clearance in the pursuit of the safety for others, That's incredible,

John

Narrawa said:

I know where your coming from with what your Saying Wolfau, yet its not happening with what it is we are using to date. In time someone will work it out im sure, but at the moment, there just repackaging old hats in new boxes.

The v3i is not a difficult detector, its more a fun detector in my opinion..it pretty much helps you understand many of the pre set parameters many other makes and models dont allow user control over. We know much of it is present in all the others and can nail the benefit of having it user selectable in the v3i....and a few others

If only the manufacturers actually listened to their customers......many of us would have one detector...and not collect them like its a hobby in itself. :/

I love what the V3i can do but it bothers me with all the adjustable things within the menus it makes the 5000 look like a toy (No Disrespect) and yes I have always wanted one but it just bothers me, along with the time being spent searching through menu's, which is why I like the MXT, and the TDI's and the SD and GP series' of machines, Along with the Sovereign GT and the Musketeer and the Eureka Gold etc, The knobs just give me direct access to change what I need to change,

John

PhaseTech said:

The v3i uses 3 frequencies simultaneously. Its not a multi
frequency machine. Its like having 3 detectors operating in
different frequencies under the One detector. This is how
I understand it.

The v3i computer is telling the screen to output a readout
of the frequency eg detect an alum Pull tab on screen it reads
7.5khz, throw a $2 coin it shows 2.5khz.

This is happening already. No theories here.

Somewhere between the computer processing the signal
And telling the screen to show the khz read some
Coding needs to take over to block out the audio if
Its been programmed that way by the end user.

So if the new machine allows me to choose which
Frequencies i want it to operate then its good buy
Aluminum screw caps simply by choosing 2.5 and
The highest khz setting.

Hope this helps.

The v3i is very simple to use and the menu is very user friendly.
What the machine Needs is the ability to choose frequencies.
And i do hope it works the way i would expect it to by
Showing targets only that fall under the chosen frequency.

Latest posts