New Park Management plans for Victoria October 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Prospecting will be Banned, restricted in many of the proposed new parks very soon.
The State Government is going to decide on this as early as October.

Wombat State Forest is set to become National Park with No Prospecting access.
Pyreenees Ranges also same as above.

Many state forests within GT will have significant reductions to areas available.

The Greens have found a way of locking out prospectors, hand over management to indigenous groups, then outlaw access for traditional uses?

Perhaps we need to concentrate our search in areas soon to be closed.

They will force everybody onto less area ,then complain about how destructive it is and lock down more areas ,
Locking up the bush seems to be the goverments feel good policy and in time (hopefully a long time) the bush will become look but dont touch in my opinion.
If your smart enough to know the areas they are going to close i would say "get out there and flog it as hard as you can".

Swinging & digging said:
Prospecting will be Banned, restricted in many of the proposed new parks very soon.
The State Government is going to decide on this as early as October.

Wombat State Forest is set to become National Park with No Prospecting access.
Pyreenees Ranges also same as above.

Many state forests within GT will have significant reductions to areas available.

The Greens have found a way of locking out prospectors, hand over management to indigenous groups, then outlaw access for traditional uses?

Perhaps we need to concentrate our search in areas soon to be closed.

Not doubting you mate but where is the source?

You reckon you could do a cut and paste of the bit where it says "Wombat State Forest is set to become National Park with No Prospecting access.
Pyreenees Ranges also same as above."

I am having trouble locating it on the facebook page - thanks

For those who dont know how dire things are and the fight we have on our hands have a look at this and why all Prospectors should join the Pmav and all bush users should back the Bush User groups United.
1. Dja Dja Wurrung Parks plan 10.000 hectares
2 Central West Forest Investigation.
Wellsford State Forest. 7.122. Hectares
Pyrenees Ranges sf. 14.680 hectares
Wombat sf. 42.280 Hectares
3. Proposed Great Forest National Park. 355.000 Hectares
Total. 429.082 Hectares
Next on the Greens Wishlist are
Dunnolly/waanyarra sf. 7.547. Hectares
Kingower sf. 4.690. Hectares
Bealiba. Sf. 7.954. Hectares
Moliagul. Sf. 1.396. Hectares
Harvest Home Sf. 2.242. Hectares
Timor. Sf. 1.390. Hectares
Fryers Range. Sf. 3.321. Hectares
If the Greens achieve this say goodbye to your access to the Golden Triangle and Central Victoria also virtually all of the Central Highlands

Sorry can,t post a direct link, unknown reason, but above list is the proposal of possible loss of access.

((((((((((( https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/wp-c...ric-Treaty-Legislation-Passes-In-Victoria.pdf ))))))))

quote;
Treaty will have benefits for all Victorians promoting reconciliation, fostering shared pride in Aboriginal culture
and helping to heal the wounds of the past.

(((May turn quite the opposite)))

So what is the GOV olive branch to this.

And who will their sacrificial lambs be. :N: :N: :N:

1531222571_images.jpg

Not just greens,sold out.

Pretty easy to sit in an ivory tower a d tell the masses how to be.

I'll cut it, I'll dig it, I'll wash it , I'll drive it. No stupid laws will keep me out.

The shortsighted natural tree hugging loud ferals won't look after it. The Politicians won't look after it. Land management is already spread so thinly on staff, haha, here's more acreage to look after.

Half the people who come up with this fantasy fairytale have no idea they are creating a ticking time bomb. Un managed land full of unmanaged natives is a volatile and will lead to the complete destruction of the fauna and the old growth remnant portions.

It's 2018 and they want to try and wind backup the clock. The first custodians, the blacks, knew how to manage it, their survival depended on it. Then came the whites and they learnt how to manage it after they cut it down, tore it up, grazed and settled in it. Now come the Greens who think they have it all figured out, consulting neither. Good management practices will dissapear and ultimately the wildfires like Canberra had will come.Where did the Canberra fires start? Right, remote pockets of unmanaged land in National parks caused by lightening strikes. I bet not evenone of them have been in the hell storm of a summer bushfire before.

What I've learnt is no matter what you do to that land, given enough time, it will recover adapt all on its own. It's suits the politicians, do as little as possible for more votes. When good men and woman are fighting for their lives I'll remember. When the forests are wiped out I'll remember.When the animals are burnt and can't be housed I'll remember. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. They have no idea.

My biggest concern are the details. How well will the areas be identified and ease of identification. Can I dig here?
At the moment it is a little hit and miss with maps not reflecting true details.
Signs not identifying areas that are locked out are an issue.

Cheers

Unfortunately this kind of thing is only going to get much worse with certain groups of people being targeted more than others,I think that a lot of you know what I am talking about.

Enjoy today because tomorrow might never come :Y:

yep lets divide prospectors into sects.
detectorists and highbankerists
then we can blame the other

I don't think its either group that is at fault.
Responsible people are just that.
It is the irresponsible people that give the bad name.

And greens feel that the only way to stop damage caused by irresponsible people is to stop everyone from prospecting.
No not fair , but Life rarely is.

Heatho is spot on.
Unfortunately existing use rights don't extend to the bush which is a real shame or I'd put every ounce of energy into fighting anyone with changes in mind.

As I've always said old Mother nature will conjure up forces we cannot put a candle to....erosion, tidal swell, earthquakes, lightening, fire, drought, flood, fire, and eruptions. Then she generously gives ten fold, where this one tree there will soon be ten. She understands balance, abundance one year, harsh restrictions the next, but her cycles all end in positive advancement. She's designed all her children to be tough, and those that aren't give way to those that adapt.
I could dig and chop and grade and pull out all I like, she'll adapt and reclaim behind me. That uncovered hole stores water, a seed, or a rock for an insect. Dam her water way, she will punch right through it. Erect a pile she will smash it down and level it out. Clear a path and she will cover it. Put us prospectors under the microscope all you like, Mother nature laughs at anyone standing in her way. It's ridiculous to imagine ecoscapes so fragile humans cant enter and alter her domain so much she won't put it all back in place, or rearrange it to please her needs. We aren't miners, We are not allied and mechanized or methodical, it's like the rabbit and the turtle, she's always in the race,even when we rest.

So shut us down, move us out, marginalise the few that truly care about giving her a hand and thanking her for her bounty. And when the green leaning boffins take over she will show no mercy or heed your direction, she will give and take as she always has, long before we were here, and long after we are gone.

I shall remain a custodian of the lands I spend time in. No law rules above the one I observe, natural law, sow, reap, harvest. I won't be looking at it on the TV, or at old photos. I'll be out there as I've always been in the cold, the heat, whilst these misguided wanna bes sit in their homes and offices gloating how the changed it all for the better. I don't answer to them, only to her.

Cheers.

OldGT
Love what you just wrote,wish I could be as elequant in my writings, alas Im not but for me you hit the nail on the head. :Y:

Latest posts