New on this site

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myplace07

Oldngoldies
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. My partner (Lenny) and myself (Cindy) have been collecting the necessary tools to go gold panning and hope this site can assist us with their knowledge. At the present moment we are waiting for a sluice box bought online. We have watched all gold panning videos on YouTube to get a understanding on panning and sluicing. Can you guys steer us in the right direction as to where is the best place around the Illawarra region for us newbies please?

Cheers
Cindy

Welcome Cindy to PA.
There is an absolute wealth of info on here to browse through!

Hi guys,

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. My partner (Lenny) and myself (Cindy) have been collecting the necessary tools to go gold panning and hope this site can assist us with their knowledge. At the present moment we are waiting for a sluice box bought online. We have watched all gold panning videos on YouTube to get a understanding on panning and sluicing. Can you guys steer us in the right direction as to where is the best place around the Illawarra region for us newbies please?

Cheers
Cindy
Welcome to the Forum Cindy. As a beginner a great place to get some easily gotten gold and some experience would be Oallen Forde on the Shoalhaven River. There is always sluicers and panners there and many are members of this Forum. The gold is mainly fine but every pan always holds some gold which keeps the excitement level high. Best of luck.

Welcome to the Forum Cindy. As a beginner a great place to get some easily gotten gold and some experience would be Oallen Forde on the Shoalhaven River. There is always sluicers and panners there and many are members of this Forum. The gold is mainly fine but every pan always holds some gold which keeps the excitement level high. Best of luck.
Hi WalnLiz,

Thank you. Can you tell me where we can buy a sluice box in Illawarra region? Or do we need to go online to ebay? We need a reputable name of company or person.

Hi WalnLiz,

Thank you. Can you tell me where we can buy a sluice box in Illawarra region? Or do we need to go online to ebay? We need a reputable name of company or person.
You could try Toys & Things Wollongong - they have pans etc. but not sure about sluices.
There is also a store out at Bowral that has some gear https://botanex.com.au/collections/prospecting-all-prospecting-fossicking-equipment
Other than that online try:
Aussie Detectorist https://detectorist.com.au/search?q=sluice&options[prefix]=last

Latest posts