Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold Seeeker

Mitchell Eves
Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Mitchell Eves I am Norm's son and I have joined this forum, I have an Minelab Xterra 705 duel pack. I head out to detect when ever I get the chance with Norm. Hoping to get to some of your meet ups and hunt for Gold.

Cheers Mitchell

Hi Mitchell, Jack here welcome. I too have the Exterra 705 Gold and am itching to use it-maybe next mth. at Glendon Qld.
Hope you have fun with yours and your father.
Jack

Welcome Mitch, I am also new and yet to venture into detecting. How would you rate the Xterra 705 as a gold detector as I am thinking of getting one as my first? Not wanting to spend a fortune but also don't want to buy a dud either.
Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt the Xterra 705 is a great detector for the beginners, it has two modes prospecting and coin and treasurer. I would rate them as a great detector for people who don't want to buy those more expensive detectors as a start for detecting. I went out to Hill End last weekend with it didn't find any gold but it picked up a belt buckle, rail spike and a lot of bullets all of these were found in prospecting mode.

Hope this helps cheers Mitchell

Thanks mate, I think that's what I'll start with, sounds like a good entry level machine. Good luck out there mate

Easy level to start detecting with, once you get to know how it works and what sound to listen out for then you can really enjoy working the detector and finding really cool items and Gold ;)

Good luck with you too mate

Latest posts