Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi people
New to this site and new to detecting. Well first time will be in 4 weeks to Clermont for 1 week.
Will be going with a old fella I work with. He has been doing it for 20 yrs. Has minelab 4500 and 2 5000,s.
He has the camper, quad bike and all the goodies. I enjoy camping use to love reef fishing have a half cabin 5mtr
Haines signature, hasn't seen salt water for 7mths. So if I enjoy the week detecting goodbye boat and set up for the gold bug. Anyway love the outdoors so will have some fun. The old fella tells me he will teach me a lot in the week.
Hope you all are having fun and stay safe.

Polky.

Good luck with you new venture Polky, I'm in the same boat as you (new at detecting) so welcome and think about keeping the boat. :D :D

Yea I know Googs, have 2 sons 21 and 22. They love all water activities, mainly surfing, We go camping down on the surf areas of the coast. There saying no surf count them out, my answer GOOD, Peace and quiet in the bush. I have the 4wd and all the camping gear, if gold bug hits will only have to purchase quad bike and detector. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Polky,

You've got some top detectors at your disposal so its only a matter of time before you uncover some yellow. All the best on your prospecting adventures and let us know if you have any questions.

Nugget.

Thanks Nugget, Year man been reading all the posts on these machines, the old fella assures me we will be swinging good after a couple of days.

Great forum with a lot of good info and friendly people, already enjoying this new adventure. Polky.

Latest posts