Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Ryan from Adelaide south Australia been using metal detectors for about 4 years now on and off just recently bought a minelab go find 60 for some fun at playgrounds and parks but really want to get in to some panning and eventually save up for good machine go detecting for gold any one want to provide some tips and pointers go for it but I don't expect the secret spot even to catch up for a park detect more than happy to thanks and happy hunting.

welcome to the forum Ryan, I cant help with any tips for down that way but there is a wealth of knowledge here on PA and am sure you will find plenty of it

Welcome Ryan, you are one of only a few that have got a new gofind. :cool:

A lot of old relics have been coming out of the SA ground in exceptionally preserved state and I think the key to their success is researching maps for old sporting grounds and park areas, so a bit of research is the key to some interesting finds, although many a desirable object surfaces in the most unlikely spots.

I look forward to seeing how you gofind with it. 8)

Welcome Ryan,
Your input on this machine if you wish will be very interesting.
Going to like to see what you uncover with it. :)

went down to the local school playground found $11.85 in coins so far im happy with it pinpointing isn't as good as my old garrett ace 250 but still learning the ropes got a $2 about 5inces down if anyone wants to join me are more than welcome to check it out and have a swing

Latest posts