New guy, Canberra based

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. My name is Brad and as stated live in Canberra. The wife told me in April I needed a hobby to get of the computer and stumbled onto prospecting. Googled everything there is and figure its time to get out there. Weather is warming up so been panning over the border in NSW to get the hang of it. Being out and about is great, found some color so it makes it even more enjoyable. Still trying to get my head around where I can and cant go, using miniveiw and trying to use the reded rivers and follow river banks from crossings so I don't trespass. No-ones shot me yet so might be on the right track :argh:

Welcome mate. Few of us one here are from Canberra. Its a great hobby and were lucky enough to be no more than a few hours from a few goldfields in most directions. I try my luck with with a bit of sluicing, panning and detecting when I can get out. Only seem to manage a day a fortnight but I love every minute of it.
Maybe Ill see you around one day.
Greg

Latest posts