New french guy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone and happy new year, hope that you will find a lot of gold in 2018 ;)

I'm Etienne, a young french guy of 26 years old ! I'm in Australia for a year (at least) and it's my dream to become a gold seeker in the australian bush :D

So here I am to find some advices about it and maybe find a mate to looking for gold together (I'm currently in Sydney so if someone usually go to find some gold during the week-end, I'm in !)

Hi Etienne, welcome to OZ and PA, being a gold seeker is easy! Being a gold finder is not quite so easy! Just have fun learning and trying, good luck with it.

Hi Etienne

1514877725_welcome9.jpg

Hi Etienne, Have fun in our bush. Just thought I'd let you know that we have some of the deadliest snakes, spiders and other creatures. Just be careful where you put your feet. Beware near the billabongs we also have bunyips that will eat you alive. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Graybeard said:
Hi Etienne, Have fun in our bush. Just thought I'd let you know that we have some of the deadliest snakes, spiders and other creatures. Just be careful where you put your feet. Beware near the billabongs we also have bunyips that will eat you alive. ;) ;) ;) ;)

And don't forget the sunscreen :D :p

Thanks everybody !

Yes I know for the horrible monsters there, it's why I would like to join one of you for my first times, I don't want to die alone in the bush because of a beginner mistake :(

Welcome Mate .
Have you found anyone to take you yet ?
Give me a few weeks to all the xmas stuff settles down and ill see if i can organise a day trip at least to show you some spots to pan.
Gaz

Hey Gary ! Didn't find someone yet no :(
That will be a pleasure to go with you !
I will stay for sure in Sydney until 31 january and if I can find a job before the end of the month I will stay longer :) (if someone has job opportunities in construction in Sydney, I have my white card !)

By the way do you know if we can rent a gold detector in Sydney (and all the stuff we need to looking for gold)? I can't buy it for now (sleeping in a youth hostel, shared room) so it's not safe to keep it and I didn't buy a car yet

Latest posts