New Electric cars to come with free insulated foot wear.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Victor:
Easy to start, Cord lasted forever, do not recall having to have it overhauled. Light weight, Buckets of power,would cut through tree trunks...well almost. didn't cost an arm and a leg. Noisy and smelly to operate.

New battery electric:
Looks pretty , all space age and stuff. Crap plastic wheels. Will put petrol mower mechanics out of business.
Starts easy, No cord, Motor is sure to burn out in no time, Heavy as an elephant, Pathetic power, will cut nice flat manicured lawns, Any large ish clumps of grass will bring it to a dead stop. Cost an arm and a leg, batteries are idiotically expensive. Keep a good supply of batteries if you want a self drive one.

Quite a number of Battery mowers for sale at cashies.

Glad I kept the petrol mower.

I have a 58v aeg brush cutter with the bicycle handle like grips that does a good job ( apparently the lower powered line trimmer version sucks though ) I looked at the electric mower in aeg but was not impressed by the cheap plastic wheels and parts.

I have the 56v EGO self propelled mower, line trimmer, Blower, hedge trimmer and Chain saw they are very well made, will replace all my Ryobi 36v garden tools with Ego.

Adrian ss said:
Old Victor:
Easy to start, Cord lasted forever, do not recall having to have it overhauled. Light weight, Buckets of power,would cut through tree trunks...well almost. didn't cost an arm and a leg. Noisy and smelly to operate.

New battery electric:
Looks pretty , all space age and stuff. Crap plastic wheels. Will put petrol mower mechanics out of business.
Starts easy, No cord, Motor is sure to burn out in no time, Heavy as an elephant, Pathetic power, will cut nice flat manicured lawns, Any large ish clumps of grass will bring it to a dead stop. Cost an arm and a leg, batteries are idiotically expensive. Keep a good supply of batteries if you want a self drive one.

Quite a number of Battery mowers for sale at cashies.

Glad I kept the petrol mower.

The early ones did not have a wind up and push down cord start - they simply had a cord that you wound around a grooved wheel to start. It was often a workout to get it to fire (losing cord that broke free etc). No clutch when you hit something hard with a blade etc.

I have a Honda petrol cutter if I want to chop into heavy growth (but I think one should probably have a chain saw licence to operate it - it cuts saplings) - but the electrical stuff is fine on my lawn which I keep under control and cut, trim and edge regularly.

Horses for courses....

For a few k you can get one of these. I cant use one though because of the terrain. But the tech aspect is very impressive
1644099817_images_-_2022-02-06t085041.147.jpg
scientists have developed a new machine though. It can mow any where is truly all terrain. If you have more than one it will replace its self before worn out and most importantly is affordable, if you choose to you can eat it and best of all for the Kiwis out there it can save you wasting countless hours on tinder. No current technology can hope to compare.
1644099948_images_-_2022-02-06t085115.214.jpg

Goldfreak said:
For a few k you can get one of these. I cant use one though because of the terrain. But the tech aspect is very impressive https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1644099817_images_-_2022-02-06t085041.147.jpg scientists have developed a new machine though. It can mow any where is truly all terrain. If you have more than one it will replace its self before worn out and most importantly is affordable, if you choose to you can eat it and best of all for the Kiwis out there it can save you wasting countless hours on tinder. No current technology can hope to compare. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1644099948_images_-_2022-02-06t085115.214.jpg

Only prob with the wooly brand is they take it down a bit short, can be problematic in the dry weather as takes too long for the lawn to recover :D Oh and if your going Kiwi style two tips, gumboots with straps around the tops and make sure you don't get an ugly one :eek:

And low maintenance. Just Give em a haircut now and again. :D

When I was a kid it was my job to mow the lawns. Used the original non powered push mower. That was hard work and then dad finally bought a Victor. The one with the petrol tank between the handle bars.
Man I was in heaven, lawn mowing had never been so easy.
Dad used that mower forever and it was still going after I joined the RAAF
That mower started every time and the pull cord broke once in about 13 years. very easy to replace. The next mower we had was also a Victor that we won in a crossword competition (was married by that time) It lasted until it needed major engine work then we bought the Mass Sport which is still going strong but I am done with the noise and fumes. The high cost of the battery mower was hard to take (When you are only on 17 grand per year 800 bucks is not chicken feed.)

The best mower i ever had (have) is an electric mower that plugs in to the 240v. You get used to steering clear of the cord which is the main drawback. I just roll the cord up and work away from the cord, easy as. It's quiet the neighbors don't even know i'm out there.
Battery powered hand tools have their advantages but don't throw away your 240v powered tools.

Electric vehicles. Not yet.

Latest posts