New bridge for Oallen Forde NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a look see today at the Shoalhaven at Oallen - the landscape has changed somewhat after the big fresh , the old bridge and causeway has been removed , I was talking with one of the construction guys and they are on track to reopen the road by 11th Sept. The river is still up about 1.0 meters from normal.

Cheers

Barry

1440919403_20150830_115722.jpg

1440919455_20150830_115119.jpg

thanks Bazza provided we don't get much rain between now and sunday although its not looking good, i might get down there to check it out i'll make sure im well away from where the guys are working so i'm not annoying anyone or in their way...

Posting a pic I took at Oallen , there are two new signs adjacent to both camping areas on the upper terraces overlooking the river - not sure if it means that camping is no longer allowed - I will have to make a call to lands dept and find out for sure.
Cheers

Barry

1441359661_20150830_120730.jpg

Bazza,
Hate to ask but could you post a Google Earth image and show the almost location of where the signs are. ??
This is by the look of it is really going to pi55 me off.
Besides, They could not afford to use post's.
They are Tech screwed to the tree's.

Eh. ?????

Hi Doug - from SIX maps here are the locations of the signs and a copy of an Email I fired off to get more info - I sent an image of the sign in question.

Good Afternoon,

I have regularly camped at Oallen Ford over the last few years, last time I was in the area I noted the installation of new signage that now prohibits camping. I have attached an image for your info.

The positioning of the signs are not clear as to exactly what area it applies to as several lots make up that area of crown land.

From SIX maps the lots and DP numbers are:-

Lots 7002, 7003, 7004 - DP 1084848
Lot 7005, 7006 - DP 1084849

Please advise if these restrictions indicated by the new signs applies to all lots.

1441361817_oallen_sign.jpg

Don't be surprised if once the work is finished they dump boulders on the tracks or fence areas out for rehabilitation , I have seen it done to so many good fishing spots its unreal, You see new work and think beauty :) this will be good for the area ,but the problem is they would have had teams of environmental "experts" do studies 8) in the lead up to construction and no doubt someone in a office somewhere will have come up with a list of environmental enhancements for the area to offset the earthworks for the bridge. I hope I am wrong but that's the way government bodies have to act to keep the greens happy.

I knew it, I knew there would be some sort of restrictions and it certainly looks like there will be no camping Tathra.

Now they have signposted it they will have to enforce it somehow. Will this mean more police and ranger visits?

I don't think the signs will last long though if they are only tech screwed to the trees.

As usual progress means a backward step for the normal person, I wonder what restrictions are next?

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Pathetic in the first order and council needs to be reprimanded for their lame excuse in posting a sign depicting "ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION" and then Teck screwing it into a "Live River Gum".....what a bunch of hypocrites... :mad: ...next they'll have a go at prospectors. :mad:

This has got me really fired up no end.
Just got of the phone to Bazza.
The signs are placed right where we drive into the freaking camp sites.
I rang that bloody office and checked that the lots were still under a governing body. Not Private lease hold.
It was OK to drive through them but no camping and the such.
Further more I have done a search on the DP Numbers looking for any notifications on the area's being closed off.
Bloody Nothing.

People, Time to get in on it.
Phone Call on Monday to try and Garner some more information and I will keep you posted.

Not on you're own there Doug....this road is now the major thoroughfare from the Bungendore Naval headquarters to the Nowra Naval Base which is a longer drive than Bungendore to Batemans Bay. They had the wisdom to incorporate a "Rest Area" for fatigued drivers at Warri Bridge on the Shoalhaven, and advertise to all "Stop Revive Survive". :/ Where is the wisdom in spending millions on a sealed highway to Nowra and not providing an overnight rest area.

Do we need a fatality, derived from fatigue, to get council to realize that the Forde would be better suited as a rest area, and a public toilet erected to service the area. :mad: Pity that council is burdened with a bunch of incompetent, seemingly uneducated, bureaucrats willing to create change for detriment rather than progress. :(

Wal.

Hi all,
It got me thinking and Mr Google was consulted on the CROWN LANDS issue.
I have copied some sections of the act which may be relevant to the current issue.

I will draw your attention to the last paragraph, Part 7 Division 5 Section 155(4). This may be worth putting away in the memory bank for the future.

It can be found here:- http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/xref/inforce/?xref=Type=act AND Year=1989 AND no=6&nohits=y

Crown Lands Act 1989 No 6
Current version for 1 November 2014 to date (accessed 4 September 2015 at 21:11)
Part 1Section 11
<< page >>

10 Objects of Act

The objects of this Act are to ensure that Crown land is managed for the benefit of the people of New South Wales and in particular to provide for:
(a) a proper assessment of Crown land,
(b) the management of Crown land having regard to the principles of Crown land management contained in this Act,
(c) the proper development and conservation of Crown land having regard to those principles,
(d) the regulation of the conditions under which Crown land is permitted to be occupied, used, sold, leased, licensed or otherwise dealt with,
(e) the reservation or dedication of Crown land for public purposes and the management and use of the reserved or dedicated land, and
(f) the collection, recording and dissemination of information in relation to Crown land.

11 Principles of Crown land management

For the purposes of this Act, the principles of Crown land management are:
(a) that environmental protection principles be observed in relation to the management and administration of Crown land,
(b) that the natural resources of Crown land (including water, soil, flora, fauna and scenic quality) be conserved wherever possible,
(c) that public use and enjoyment of appropriate Crown land be encouraged,
(d) that, where appropriate, multiple use of Crown land be encouraged,
(e) that, where appropriate, Crown land should be used and managed in such a way that both the land and its resources are sustained in perpetuity, and
(f) that Crown land be occupied, used, sold, leased, licensed or otherwise dealt with in the best interests of the State consistent with the above principles.

Crown Lands Act 1989 No 6
Current version for 1 November 2014 to date (accessed 4 September 2015 at 21:20)
Part 7 Division 5 Section 155
<< page >>

155 Offences on public land

(1) A person shall not, without lawful authority:
(a) reside on public land,
(b) erect a structure on public land,
(c) graze stock on public land,
(d) drive stock on public land,
(e) clear, dig up or cultivate public land,
(f) enclose public land (other than a road or watercourse to which section 63 applies),
(g) fail to pay any rent due and payable in respect of the enclosure of public land that is a road or watercourse,
(h) interfere with any substance, whether on or in, or forming part of, public land, or
(i) deposit or leave on public land:
(i) any rubbish, litter, refuse, dead animal, filth or other similar matter, or
(ii) any matter of a prescribed class or description, whether or not of a kind referred to in subparagraph (i),
except in a place or receptacle provided for the purpose.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

(2) A person shall not cause to be done anything that is prohibited by subsection (1) (b)(f), (h) or (i).
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

(3) In proceedings for an offence under this section, the defendant has the onus of proving lawful authority in relation to the act or omission giving rise to the alleged offence.
(4) It is a sufficient defence to a prosecution for an offence arising under subsection (1) (e) or (h) if the defendant establishes that the activity with which he or she is charged was carried out in the course of fossicking, as referred to in section 12 (1) of the Mining Act 1992.

great just when I am looking to get my gold on this happens they cant stop us prospecting there it is still crown land they have not changed it to national park :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

richo966 said:
great just when I am looking to get my gold on this happens they cant stop us prospecting there it is still crown land they have not changed it to national park :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but if that crown land is under management or under tenure then you still need the permission of the land manager/s I.e. Local Land Services, Local Council, Common Trust etc. or the lease holder. Just because it's crown land doesn't give us a green light to fossick/prospect - I wish it did but it doesn't.
Being a designated fossicking area or district only removes the requirement to get the permission of the Exploration Lease holder (if any) to fossick/prospect there. You must still have the permission of the land owner, land manager/s or lease holder.
Best bet would be to find out the status of the crown land then press, in a respectful way, whoever or whatever body is charged with managing it to honour the designated fossicking area status on their end. Most of these areas have been kept open to fossicking but some haven't. There is no onus on the land owners, land manager/s or lease holders to allow or encourage fossickers on any land.
If a local Environmental Group has gotten their hooks into I wish you all the best of luck!
MINING ACT 1992 - SECT 12 said:
Fossicking

12 Fossicking

(2) Subsection (1):

(b) does not confer on any person a right of entry on to land (other than land prescribed by subsection (2A)) for fossicking purposes.

(2A) For the purposes of subsection (2) (b), the prescribed land is Crown land (within the meaning of theCrown Lands Act):

(a) that is not held under a lease, licence or permissive occupancy under theCrown Lands Act1989, theCrown Lands (Continued Tenures) Act1989or theWestern Lands Act1901, and

(b) that is not under the management or control of a trustee or a public or local authority.

(4) A person must not carry out fossicking on any land the subject of an authority, mineral claim or opal prospecting licence except with the consent of theholderof the authority, claim or licence.

Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.

(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to the carrying out of fossicking on land the subject of an exploration licence if the land is within a fossicking district.

The reason I think we are probably screwed is due to environmental laws. I could be wrong, but as part of building a bridge and altering the road, I would guess there would have to be some sort of rehabilitation of the area? Also something I found interesting was when the talks about the new bridge were taking place the land was referred to as council road reserve and not crown land.