Nelligen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day mate, I have just returned from a trip from Eden and was going to go to Mogo to do some digging but found nowhere to stay close to the goldfields, I have friends that live near there and did some research and found this very fascinating and by the sounds of it a lot of people don't know about it. Have a read and see what you think.

Cheers Mitchell

http://www.southcoast.com.au/batemansbay/nelligengold/

Gday GS, yeah i have read this, is a good article,,,,,,
Dad lived down that way before he died and i visited some of the shafts around the area with him....
he camped in there somewhere at times and he was finding some nice pieces, i only went once and i cant remember the gully he was working.
He was only panning and crevicing. I plan on detectiing the area when it cools down abit its just so friggin steep in most places and so overgrown,
but i guess that makes it less worked over :)

Council Caravan Park near the airstrip is the go or,
You can rough it in a State Forrest. :) :)
There are a lot of cleared bush dumps when the area was logged
and even though they are growing back, Make a nice setting for a camp.
Just don't forget your permit and be aware of where National Parks Borders
are.

The brimberamala should hold gold with a good deal of mining done both sides of the river,,,,, but as tathra said watch the national park areas,,,
right near the mines it is under national park but further downstream it isnt

Did a bunch of test panning on Currowan Creek near the campground.

Nothing found. But a nice day out anyway.

I have never had much luck at the coast. Mogo area, Nelligen and Nerrigundah. Most of the bush is quite thick, good for leeches etc. I know it's there. Just have not got onto it yet. One day :)

Did a few exercises with the army there in the 90,s. Few old shafts.....should be plenty of expended blank ammo and link around to drive you crazy.

Gold Seeeker said:
G'day mate, I have just returned from a trip from Eden and was going to go to Mogo to do some digging but found nowhere to stay close to the goldfields, I have friends that live near there and did some research and found this very fascinating and by the sounds of it a lot of people don't know about it. Have a read and see what you think.

Cheers Mitchell

http://www.southcoast.com.au/batemansbay/nelligengold/
Good reading might have to take the 705 L for a run (L stands for learner)

Latest posts