NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davsgold said:
Yep well "Stone TheCrows", pardon me from trying to drum up a bit of support, but I have to say it's a strange place to find the AGM announcement on here, in the Member Meet ups section, and you need to be logged as well to even see that section, I would have thought front and center would be a good place, in the General Chat section for everyone to see, well that's why I put it there anyway.

cheers dave

You'll notice that last year's AGM is pinned in the meet up section as well, not by members chief!

...and there's no shortage of passion from members here, you're just not allowed to say what you think!!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27129

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27113&p=2

I write my thoughts here and with no disrespect to any NAPFA Committee members, the general members, to those who are watching from the side lines with curiosity and perhaps ,some ,with malicious intent , perhaps to derail an association, and lastly to the forum members and moderators. Recently a question was asked, when and where is the AGM, a reply wait , notification soon apparently not soon enough judging from some comments.
As I write my thoughts here, I reflect upon my time filling various roles on associations, and it aint easy, there is a lot of time and effort involved in running with issues and keeping members up to-date, the recent introduction of the monthly NAPFA news letter is a step forward , but we have to remember that the newsletter is for members , it could contain confidential information, and we know that there are beaurocratic spies out there , watching and plotting. We also must remember the effort in producing a monthly newsletter.
This forum is not the place to spread 2nd hand news to non NAPFA members.
I note that there have been a few posts, and I agree with some forum members, what a strange place to post that , ,,,,, Why do I have that thought,,,, there is a dedicated section in the prospectors forum for Associations to communicate with the rest of those like minded people interested in a particular hobby or industry,, so I ask ??? why is that section not used ????? I note that the last post was in May 2018,, mmmmmm ,enough said.
I may also be a victim of circumstance, Bigpond deletes my notification email , the location and distance to attend an AGM , its a long 5 hours for me and I Iive closer that a lot of forum members. For me , It is a minimum of 2 days, just to attend. The reasons for the selected venue have been explained , it is in an all weather hall , there is an audio system so all can hear, camping close by, so there has been thought put into the venue location.
My thoughts also were to perhaps nominate for a position on the committee , but alas, my past involvement reminds me that even committee members have agendas and its not smooth sailing , mmmm .. if you have been there, then you will understand where Im coming from and the deadline has come and gone.
In closing on my thoughts , perhaps the forum needs a co ordinating moderator, to ensure that posts are placed in the correct location , perhaps moderated before posts are allowed , but there are some that think that this is restriction on free speech , perhaps the task might be easier upfront than trying to catch a horse after it has bolted , having said that, the moderator does not have an easy task .
my email address is always open for those who would like to discuss issues in private without hanging it out there
Perhaps I might see you at the AGM in Stuart Town but it will be an effort for me to attend

I agree its not an easy job for the NAPFA reps, and I am not interested in running them down or claiming they are failing, I have seen from past meetings how much time a lot of those guys invest.
... but I am also dead against people bashing members or claiming they are apathetic when we have been told to be patient and stay calm. It may appear to a lot of members that nothing is being done to protect our interests, and who could blame them! There is a cone of silence hanging over this and people are starting to wonder!

I think a lot of people are keen to act, and being kept on a leash is frustrating.

I am trying to keep the faith and I will be interested to see what happens at the meeting.

davsgold said:
Yep well "Stone TheCrows", pardon me from trying to drum up a bit of support, but I have to say it's a strange place to find the AGM announcement on here, in the Member Meet ups section, and you need to be logged as well to even see that section, I would have thought front and center would be a good place, in the General Chat section for everyone to see, well that's why I put it there anyway.

cheers dave

Well Dave - No problem with drumming up support.
I am guessing it was in the members section so the "greens and doogoogers and ones in government positions of power" don't see the comments. - makes sense.

hard call saying "seems that they have zero support from members and no likely want to be members."
How would you know that?
As i said mate - a little bit more notice for some guys would make it possible that we can attend.

So much to say, but as requested by our NAPFA officers - being patient and staying calm.
That will last only until my membership runs out though.

Cheers
Neil

isolation said:
I know I've said it before, but is there any way to web cast the meeting so others who can't attend can log in and watch?
Or maybe someone can at least video the meeting and make it available for viewing later?

Wouldnt be the hardest thing to do.

*open laptop*
*turn on webcam*
*record stream to drive*
*upload stream*
*post link for watching*

I am sorry if I offended anybody, but how else do you get people motivated about a cause, and as for being patient and staying calm, well that makes no sense, do you see the greens and the ones that want to shut down people from prospecting/detecting/slucing being patient.

Prospecting is part of our Heritage and the ones opposed to us doing that should be put on notice, we should not be asked to be quite and there should be no "Cone of Silence" as has been said in a previous post, from NAPFA, they should be shouting from the roof tops if they want to be heard.

cheers dave

and if anyone still want to nominate for a position on the NAPFA committee there is still time. below was copied from the PDF notice for the AGM

"The AGM offers a chance for members to nominate for positions. Please see the attached form. Nominations need to
be in by the 19th of October 2018. Email to [email protected]"

davsgold said:
and if anyone still want to nominate for a position on the NAPFA committee there is still time. below was copied from the PDF notice for the AGM

"The AGM offers a chance for members to nominate for positions. Please see the attached form. Nominations need to

All the people that arent happy with naphas current course of action should do so but as usual its easier to find fault than it is to lead the charge.

davsgold said:
I am sorry if I offended anybody, but how else do you get people motivated about a cause, and as for being patient and staying calm, well that makes no sense, do you see the greens and the ones that want to shut down people from prospecting/detecting/slucing being patient.

Prospecting is part of our Heritage and the ones opposed to us doing that should be put on notice, we should not be asked to be quite and there should be no "Cone of Silence" as has been said in a previous post, from NAPFA, they should be shouting from the roof tops if they want to be heard.

cheers dave

your post contradicts everything written in here by other NAPFA members. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23063 When asked what the go is, the response is nothing but emojis and to stay patient and calm.

So what are you saying Keitzy, I should say nothing and do nothing and just be patient, mate when the DMP/Government took away the NSW miners right a lot of years ago our rights ceased to exist, the idea of she'll be right mate went out the window a long time ago, and we've all been suckered into believing that the ones running the place/country have all our best interests at heart. :(

cheers dave

not at all mate. I'm all for making noise on any cause if needed.

Your saying make noise, which personally, is needed. That link I posted, the other NAPFA members are all hush hush, secretive and tell everyone to be patient.

Confused much ? Yup, I am.

Sort of a bit hard to support a group when there members don't even agree on things.

aussiefarmer said:
davsgold said:

All the people that arent happy with naphas current course of action should do so but as usual its easier to find fault than it is to lead the charge.

So we are voting for AF for a NAPFA position?

I would love to be a fly on the wall at this up-coming 'Meeting'.... I think 'the committee' is in for some hard Questions... That require an answer.... And if some think the government aren't watching this and 'things' should be in the Members only section HaHaHa.... They ARE members of NAPFA, this Forum and watching every other platform of social media.... That's how they work...

Good Luck to those that make the Journey.... :Y:

LW....

If anyone has any questions they want asked post them up....
I don't even know what I'm supposed to be quiet about, asking questions is beyond me :lol:

Latest posts