My sluice Samantha.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1413927720_20140730_1138422.jpg

The ag pipe is what i started with then i got Samantha custom built. She is 165cm x 25cm build for fine gold with heaps of flow i dont need to classify this working girl lets me put anything through her and ive never found colour in my tailings.
I use the ag pipe for test spots and long walking spots its so light and need minimal water flow to run it cheap n nasty does work. ;)

Samantha looks great yobskin but I especially like the ag pipe sluice, never seen before and would be great for some tiny little creeks I drove through on the weekend that had barley a trickle but all flow out of mine country. Think I need to make one and leave it in the ute for such occasions.

1/2 a pot plant 1 metre ag pipe n 3 pop rivets tighter seal....gota mould pipe with hot water spead it open. You can cut segments and slot them in as rifles . (Nugget bar).

I have to remove tailings from build up they get placed neatly aside . I somtimes put small tray under sluice with just an inch showing stones fly over it gold will drop straight out in it ! maby havent found any... :D

I tried using a corrugated pipe sluice but found that I could not keep the sides level so material went out the sides and it was not rigid enough to maintain an incline downwards (ie even a slight bit of upwards inclination anywhere down its length and it wouldnt work). How do you guys get around the flexibility problem?

Hey tika,
I found i had to stabilize it with rocks around the sides.
Depending on the (Um) thickness of pipe for ridgidness.
And it dosent need much flow....less than inch mate.
I have cut off end pces and locked them in for rifles.
Keep tryn mate good luck i will post pic for ya. :D

Latest posts