My clay sampler

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Seperates wash and turns the hardest of clays to silt in minutes :cool:

1397778574_img_8543_800x533.jpg

Yep, I do that, I tend to go through alot of plastic buckets, so I am now using a metal bucket, works great and gets good gold too, the old timers mullock heaps are perfect for doing this.
Len

Just a quick question, How does it go on wet, sticky clay?? Might be a great idea for the clay in the creeks around Mogo.

willo1 said:
Just a quick question, How does it go on wet, sticky clay?? Might be a great idea for the clay in the creeks around Mogo.

wet and sticky, jobs half done mate ;) ...how do you go around mogo?...I have an old memory of a nice granite creek out the back of Moruya where my son lives, just wondering if there could be gold in it? :cool:

cant speak for 20x's drill bit but personally I went through 3 paint mixers before i bought the big yellow one and welded some additional wire to it to smash the clay. as long as you ahve some nice gritty material in there your using the water to break apart the clay so it will bust up anything.

G0lddigg@ said:
cant speak for 20x's drill bit but personally I went through 3 paint mixers before i bought the big yellow one and welded some additional wire to it to smash the clay. as long as you ahve some nice gritty material in there your using the water to break apart the clay so it will bust up anything.

mine is a tiling glue mixer, good point on having some grindables in to help! :cool: