MXT All Pro battery's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
just wondering what type of rechargeable batteries everyone is using in their MXT All Pro, cons and pros of them and the mAh size your using and thoughts on them. Interesting to see what's working better eg more sensitive or longer run time.

Cheers

dirtdiggin said:
Hi All
just wondering what type of rechargeable batteries everyone is using in their MXT All Pro, cons and pros of them and the mAh size your using and thoughts on them. Interesting to see what's working better eg more sensitive or longer run time.

Cheers

Get your self some Energizer 2650 mah NiMh and you should get well over 40 hours out of them, Using Normal Duracells you should get about 60 Hours out of them, Don't use Normal throw away Energizers because the they hold there power and suddenly the power drops and you have no power where the Duracells the power goes down slowly and you can see the state of charge get lower, with the Energizers you don't get that Ok,

Other than that you could buy the Factory 2200mah NiMh rechargeable Pack, But for my money I would go with the 2650s and Get your self Some Disposable Energizer Lithium Batteries for the Dry cell pack as a back Up because they should give you more than 80 Hours, Ok,

Hope this Helps, John

Ridge Runner said:
dirtdiggin said:
Hi All

Cheers

Get your self some Energizer 2650 mah NiMh and you should get well over 40 hours out of them, Using Normal Duracells you should get about 60 Hours out of them, Don't use Normal throw away Energizers because the they hold there power and suddenly the power drops and you have no power where the Duracells the power goes down slowly and you can see the state of charge get lower, with the Energizers you don't get that Ok,

Other than that you could buy the Factory 2200mah NiMh rechargeable Pack, But for my money I would go with the 2650s and Get your self Some Disposable Energizer Lithium Batteries for the Dry cell pack as a back Up because they should give you more than 80 Hours, Ok,

Hope this Helps, John

Hi RR
Do you recommend not to use a higher mah battery then the 2650mah
Thanks

There's No need to run those Batteries be cause the MXT's have a Voltage regulator in them and they use such a small amount of power So the best options are the ones I posted, With those 3.7s there is a risk of over powering the machine and the modifications are just not worth it because the Standard battery pack will last 8 hours a day for 8 days using Standard Duracells,

Hope this helps,, John

Ok thanks for that sounds good,
I do have a question for you though what about the AA 3.7V Li-ion battery's can they be used or is there a problem there? I don't really know a great deal about them apart from using them in torches and they seem to chuck out a lot of light compared to stock AA .
Thanks once again.

Cheers John

bhogg said:
Ridge Runner said:
dirtdiggin said:
Hi All

Cheers

Hope this Helps, John

Hi RR
Do you recommend not to use a higher mah battery then the 2650mah
Thanks

I use 2650s but I would like some 2900s the bigger the better because they will last longer But don't bother with those 3.7 volts batteries because they are not worth the trouble with the MXTs

Contact Phase Tech Here on the Forum because He has The Best rechargables that are 2900mah and he has all the Good Gear and his price's are Real Good.

And he's getting the hang of Detecting too, so that's Good,

Hope this helps,, John

PS Sorry Nenad, Only Joking. :D :D

Latest posts