Moving story about cancer and decision making.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some of you might have read articles in the Australian by Jack the Insider, AKA Peter Hoystead. He always has a gritty and up front take on things.

Anyway, he has bladder cancer, and has taken he hardest decision of all.

I thought his story might be of interest, and many of us are getting to an age where such things confront us directly of indirectly. I found it quite moving.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...296ae8&usg=AFQjCNGUZadU3NVJLJEr8vBUz2Ba5v0TgA

Edit - If you get the pay wall, google Peter Hoysted cancer, and he first result should work.

Sad to read , makes one think what they would do in similar circumstances .

Although death is inevitable for us all I'd like to have some control of how I die , decided long ago a slow painful death is not for me .

The choice of euthanasia should be available to all willing sane adults who choose to escape before having to go through the indignity of a drawn out horrible death .

Not great choices and very difficult to make with the medics usually in favour of the aggressive treatment. I hope the choice of early termination is made available to all of us.

There is no such thing as a natural death , you will die of a major organ failure or dehydration in some so called nursing homes when you cant get your own drink !
I've seen a the jell they offer as a drink , all they want is water :rolleyes:

I have no nembutal so will be forced to make other plans .

jack

I will not go out in a slow and painfull death in some place where they dont give a rats about what you want
I have seen to many people go this way i will go out on my terms
Sliding into the coffin
beer in one hand a detector in the other yelling god dam what a ride
My life my way to hell with laws
Jmo

Latest posts