More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to ID it.
1476657874_img_0612.jpg

Rolled edge
1476657956_rolled_edge.jpg

:rolleyes: I know a few guys that have found nuggets under old stumps

Did you check it for secret compartments ?

I went thru Creswick yesterday but that ain't mine 8)
Fantastic relic, what a display item. Wonder how old it is?

Well it's not something you'd drop by accident so it was probably chucked out at some point I'd imagine. It's just an item someone wore when you think about it, like a shoe or a glove. Give it to a historical society if you don't want it in the house. I understand where you're coming from but I'd keep it if I found it.

c alan said:
Out in Creswick today and look what I foundhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7996/1477217715_20161023_2109511.jpg
Hey c Alan, do they have shafts in Creswick? Maybe the perishable bits of that bloke ended up down one!

Quick hunt produced another snake buckle and token, couple of thimbles and a nice broach with other bits and bobs. Interesting the spoon bowl that has been completely flattened, I found a Parker token at this same spot that had been hammered flat, I reckon someone here was learning metalwork.

1478072003_group.jpg

Token turned out to be another Parker Geelong, the 3rd one of these from this spot, looks like someone had a pocketful of them

1478072163_img_0648.jpg

Snake turned out to be my best one yet, beautiful condition

1478072236_img_0649.jpg

Latest posts