More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The hand thing is a weird find, it's either the world's most bizarre little fishing reel or some sort of mechanical hand off something? Nice big heavy buckle and what looks like a drawer handle. Site of a 1888 penny, the Irish half buckle from previous post.
C
1464567146_img_0301.jpg

Hope it is one of those hand signal devices, that would be well cool. There were other signals around the spot showing up iron, will go back and dig a bigger hole :p
C

I think you guys nailed it with the paper holder, much appreciate the effort.... man the stuff we find?
Will go back and dig in that hole again, it really is in the middle of no-where on the site of what was obviously an old house, as there's a few old bricks here and there and that's the second cupboard or drawer handle I've found there.... as for coins only one penny though from 1888, there must be more that that
C

Jaros said:
When i went to Dandenong High School the buses had those "stop" hands come out the drivers side window. Around 1961/2. :eek:
I used to sit right behind the bus driver and as soon as he was all relaxed and driving I'd wait till he was looking left and I'd reach forward and pull the lever to make the hand stick out.
eventually I was told to sit up the back of the bus, but I was a good sneak and always managed to get down behind the driver to put that hand out ,... that all ended up with me learning to ride a bike to school.
nothing to do with the find, but you got me reminiscing Jaros, I'd forgotten till you said (thanks mate) ,... poor old BD I was relentless too.
Oh and he pulled me up on me calling him BD too, he was pretty shitty with me until I explained BD :- Bus Driver ,... I recon he was thinking I meant Beady, as in Beady Eyes (ha) :lol:

All that silver coin has had is a little bit spit... they don't make them like that any more

Latest posts