More weird finds from the Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 1.5 hours today before work. Lot of swinging the coil, found mainly discarded iron, but 1 nice find. Research needs to be done again.
It's quite large and has a "B" on the back as well as a "12" next to one of the pairs of holes and then a smaller "v"
Starburst.
C

1465343812_img_0325.jpg

The plot begins.
looks like planet positions, maybe v for venus, might give a date in time :eek: 8) end of life prophecy device (well, maybe)(ha). :D
12 for months to take your mind to time.

Gave the Nokta Fors Gold a day off and used the GPX4500 to see if the old timers might have left me a little nugget or two. Nope.
Did find a little buckle and coin/token though... love when you don't know what you have yet.

1466572985_2.jpg

I can see already it's another PARKER GEELONG token as shown on page 2... only in far better condition i.e. someone hasn't flattened it with a hammer, can actually see the hammer marks on the other one. I love tokens too Sandta... and now I've found 4 tokens and only the 1 penny coin, so gives a good idea of what the coinage was like here in the goldrush.
C

Back again, decided to check out some of the Iron signals my detector was giving me to try and see if I (we) can work out some of the history of this place, don't know if the old fella's appreciated the thought because I got given what was for me a biggie bucket list item. Needless to say I'll show that last :p
First off the tools.. A spade head, what looks like maybe the handle off a ladle? The mother of all tent pegs? and a cracking big door hinge.

1467610638_img_0339.jpg