More dopes out camping - shooting incident at Yalwal last night.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have heard of shots being fired at Oallen, but not experienced it myself. Here's what happened at Yalwal last night.

1431840698_yalwal_incident.jpg

Unfortunately there's one in every crowd. Bad enough when the idiots think doing burnouts in a public camping ground is ok. Trouble with these idiots is alcohol is generally close bye with these fools and when you mix excessive testosterone with grog, guns and a brainless fool behind a wheel the outcome can usually be predicted. That's why I keep way clear of any campgrounds and as such never have to mix with imbeciles.

Wal.

Great area, spent a lot of time out there years ago fishing and wandering through the gold mines. Unfortunately bogans seem attracted to the area.

Camping it rough is the way to go I say.
In the last 30 years or so, the easy accessible places end up having to many heroes/fools setting up camp.
Like most forum members, I prefer a very quiet camp site with some close friends and family so that we get to see and hear the wildlife etc..
I hope all members respect other people's right to enjoy a safe and quiet camp experience.
Cheers Steve

I'm wondering why the police didn't take him back to the station immediately along with his firearm, they wait until the next day to arrest him..... Then they gave him bail..... Firing to intimidate is in my opinion an offence that should warrant being locked up immediately until a magistrate deals with the issue.

Yalwal is getting worse every time i hear about it, it is my normal go to place for 4wding and weekend camp trips with my daughter and partner as both of them like the luxury of a toilet, i have seen so many idiots there it is hard to believe and this isn't the first time i have seen an idiot with a firearm there, sooner or later yalwal will be gated just like the rest if it keeps going the way it is. I spent alot of my younger days camping and exploring yalwal as i am originally from nowra, my friends and i used to ride our bmx bikes there from nowra lol

Not meaning to be a wet blanket but Oallen to me is not a good spot by your self.
Going there to me is viable only with people with the same objective as my self.
Other wise I would be there once a month. :) :)

you had dramas at Oallen Tathradj? i have heard gunshots at Oallen but was off in the distance and figured it was farmers out spotlighting, idiots shooting at signs or something like that

The bigger the crowd, the more chance of trouble.
I like a quiet camp away from the usual long weekend, school holiday crowds and drunks.

With like minded folks would be the only way I would have camping neighbors.

No trouble at the Forde as I have only been there with other PA members but, I have heard some horror stories though.
Safety in numbers. :)
It would only take one idiot like above.
Also why I like Yambulla. Right out of the way. Only things you have to put up with is what the bush throws at you. LOL
Very remote area at that but, You get that. :D

i guess i just havent been to the ford enough to see any dramas yet, i have heard of peoples stuff getting stolen at the ford thats about it.

i am friends with someone that was camped near where this happened in Yalwal and there is a huge conversation going on about this on facebook, even one of the guys that was with the guy that shot the firearm is in the conversation and apparently the shot was fired into the air to break up the argument that was about to get even more out of hand, the guy doing the 'burnouts' in the 4x4 got really close (about 5 meters off) to a guy and his daughter in a swag and none of them were really local to yalwal, most from wollongong and sydney

Latest posts