Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Settings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I finally got excited to go out and test drive my very first detector being the Minelab X-Terra 705. I went out to near Ballarat last weekend and got plenty of junk but was having alot of difficulty working out the settings even from the manual and even worse is trying to understand the different sounds.

Can anyone please share with me settings they have found to work for them on the above detector and how to understand the different sounds coming through the headphones from high pitched squeals to constant humming like sounds.

Any assistance for this newbie will be greatly appreciated.

Jayse

P.S. I can home with a brown type rock that looked like iron or something and upon breaking it with a hammer there were small speckles of silvery or goldish stuff and one piece had a small size flaky piece. Would this be gold or something that is nothing?

I think you should type x-terra in the question symbol on the top tool bar-looks like a magnifying glass. Tons of info, Combine that and a lot of practice as well a luck and away you go;
Jaros :p

Latest posts