Minelab Sovereign XS-2 another eBay detector finds since 21-10-2017!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All, once again I have bought another secondhand detector... Seriously sick. I wanted to get one which can handle salt water. I read somewhere that excalibur and this one use exactly same technology. Michael Oliver form Youtube has proven detector works on the salt water. But I did not want EXCUL, so I was searching Severeign for a while!
It came with Tornado 1000 coil and BBS800 coil.
I had chance to test it on the wet beach yesterday in Portaliington beach near Geelong. It is amazing! Signal is not as clear as my other VLF detectors but it does not make any sound on salt wet beach!
I found eroded beach. I ran the detector and found 2 cent and many square nails and surprisingly found 1961 Ram shilling! It works! I don`t need to buy pulse induction one for a while! I think I will have a fun with it! Very happy purchase! Although after puchasing mine, there were few better condition one on sale.....and less price,,,,,,,

1508668260_img_20171022_100233_edit.jpg

nice, I would be going back to get more of that well preserved silver, plus the rings!

Great detector Capa !
The sovereign series have proven their worth for many years
Simple , basic no fuss setup that can still hold its own
You might want to consider getting a newer aftermarket coil .... much much lighter options

Sandta said:
Great detector Capa !
The sovereign series have proven their worth for many years
Simple , basic no fuss setup that can still hold its own
You might want to consider getting a newer aftermarket coil .... much much lighter options
Yes I think so!
I was using BBS 800 because the other one is too heavy. I could hip mount controller but I hate something is connected when I put detector down to dig.
Thanks you!

cashgoldsilver said:
One silver shilling is better than none :Y:

Well done :)
Thanks! Yes! I met a detectorist one year ago at same place. And I asked him if he found something and he showed me some old coins! He was reason why I started metal detecting. He missed one! :D

I use this Lortone Model 3A :Y:

1508807512_img_0840.jpg

This is a very serious tumbler designed for professional who need a quality tumbler that will do as they want and last,this thing is designed to run non stop for 10 days or more :eek: but I only use it for 3hrs at a time which is plenty for my needs.

It might be an over kill but I always like to buy quality knowing it will serve me well plus I can sell it in the future with confidence if need be.

They have 7 models but mine is the base one.

It is made in the USA bought on Ebay with local support for about $200.00 from memory including postage.

Hope this helps :)

cashgoldsilver said:
I use this Lortone Model 3A :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4429/1508807512_img_0840.jpg

This is a very serious tumbler designed for professional who need a quality tumbler that will do as they want and last,this thing is designed to run non stop for 10 days or more :eek: but I only use it for 3hrs at a time which is plenty for my needs.

It might be an over kill but I always like to buy quality knowing it will serve me well plus I can sell it in the future with confidence if need be.

They have 7 models but mine is the base one.

It is made in the USA bought on Ebay with local support for about $200.00 from memory including postage.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks! I will look into this thing. I need more dirty spendable coins!

Sunday morning hunt. Found a 1928 Com Half Penney then woman approached me told me not to dig but eventually she understood my passion or gave up and left.
I am pleased to find this coin because this place was done by me and other detectorists. So XS2 was more sensitive although signal was very iffy.

1509327661_img_20171029_071229_edit.jpg

XS-2 signal delays bit so it is hard to pinpoint target. I need more practice but I am curious to try different coils. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Latest posts