Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector is Coming Soon in 2014!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if there saying this is a entry level p.i the $3990 price tag it not a good sign for the next two release's.
interesting times ahead.
regards tm

Not going to bother with buying an ATX or SDC 2300 or 4000 or 4500.

There is another 2nd hand Minelab that's best value for money and not focused on the tiny bits and its not the 2000, 2100 or 2200.

This is what I am going to buy.

Wolfau said:
Not going to bother with buying an ATX or SDC 2300 or 4000 or 4500.

There is another 2nd hand Minelab that's best value for money and not focused on the tiny bits and its not the 2000, 2100 or 2200.

This is what I am going to buy.

Interested to know which Minelab this is?

Heads up 1800 retail. Pmsl. If this is to compete with Garrett ATX it will be about same price. Price I would be guessing at $3499 Aussie dollar.

dave14110 said:
Heads up 1800 retail. Pmsl. If this is to compete with Garrett ATX it will be about same price. Price I would be guessing at $3499 Aussie dollar.

yeah i was having a sarcastic dig at ML

knowing minelab if the GPX5000 full kit is $6795 then the SD2300 will be $ 6790 lol ( thats another sarcastic dig )

Oh One other thing that makes me laugh when it comes to the release of this machine. Is the dribble of technology. We have had Pulse Induction machine for about 23 years or since the sd 2000. So why haven't we seen a Minelab Pulsle Induction waterproof machine until now. After all anyone could of made it waterproof it wouldn't be that difficult. Oh sorry shouldn't give people idea's lol.
Old Sd2000 or sd2100 are only selling for $1000 or there about. Waterproof box to hold electrics with waterproof switches& dials then waterproof battery box. Parts I would think maybe $200 -$300.
Or I guess we can wait for the drip feed of technology.
Rant over.

Hi guys just seen price of sdc 2300 on detect a den $ 3999... now which way ? sdc or Garrett atx :( ahhh decisions decisions... another 8 or 9 hundred n u would get a gpx 4800 mmmmm

$4000 grand is still a bit rich for a mid level machine, and with no choices in coils, can cross that one off the list. ATX looks like better value with the deepseeker package, although we really have to see how the ATX handles really hot goldfields ground, I suspect it may struggle at high sensitivity levels. The saving grace of the SDC2300 may be how it handles similar ground.

Only One question the 4800 was built predominantly for other countries so will it handle the Aussie mineralized ground.
Also most people looking at the SDC or ATX do so because its going to get wet, so that tells me we can forget GPX range unless we want to make it waterproof. Which could of been done to any Pulse Induction machine. It is only now the main competition has a machine Advertised as a gold machine that minelab are making the SDC.
So this brings to the next Question are either of these machine really as good as advertised.
Sorry but my opinion is NO they aren't as good as GPX range which minelab agree saying it between the GPX & Xterra.
It's all the right machine for the right job & no one machine can Currently can do everything.

Latest posts