Minelab SDC 2300 Metal Detector is Coming Soon in 2014!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't gone back to check but the first thing I thought of when I saw the "extension" type shaft was it's a Garrett ATX ...... thought an earlier post with the same picture was just a joke, didn't realise it was really like that, have to go back and check the ATX pics.
Cheers Tom

And have to agree, no battery pack makes it lighter but can see that in the future instead of digging up bullets and old nails our kids will be dogging up old C cell batteries.

One coil only? At least with the Xterra range you could change coil types and sizes. Be very interested to see what this is capable of. I see it is marketed at 'small gold'. As for digging up C Cells - make a nice change from digging up discarded AA Batteries from the VLFs!!

very exciting i've been waiting to see what ML come up with to compete with the TDI pro from whites, looks very similar to the F3, I guess we all expect more compact design these days have to admit though not offering larger coils is a bit of a dilemma.
Ben78 -
Most of these international manufacturers outsource their Press releases to a dedicated PR company who doesn't really have a working knowledge of the products but is more concerned with keywords distributed throughout the web. someone didn't proof read properly by the looks of it.

Pretty disappointing release of info really, especially after all the hype, and the typos for an international document are terrible, should be MPS and waterproof to 3 metres! :rolleyes: I'm sure it's going to be a great detector, just thought Minelab could have stepped up to the plate and divulged something a bit more detailed for prospective buyers, especially considering the ATX is already on the market. :)

You only have to look at the info on the F3 to get a basic idea of the foundations from the SDC is mosly likely based on.(not saying it is exactly the same)

Here's an interesting clip of someone using the F3 for general detecting that's been out for a while now:

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/MFTbPH2z8KE[/video]

I think this is the hype Goldpick :) I'll bet the next step is a series of videos that show most but not all of the info and no one will mention price until launch day. Like you said they will potentially miss out on those who are deciding now which detector to buy going into the holidays.

Just put a few pics side by side, interesting result.

1386638976_decters.jpg

mmm might stick with the 2000 3000 5000 I think for one no coil options also it looks like if you trip over a rock and the detector hits the ground it will shatter and the last thing c cell batteries wtf
cheers mick

I contacted minelab earlier today to find out if and when they may be available unfortunately they wont be coming to market here until mid year.

without coil options it would be limited in performance. It looks like a very versatile detector for someone who wants a do it all detector. Personally, for my style of detecting I'd still go for a used gp series detector before I shell out for one of these.

Geez, Minelab have really dropped the ball on this one, February release now pushed back to mid year, what's going on at Minelab? :rolleyes:

i know their share price plummeted recently as their market share has dropped considerably I assume they made this press release to create interest and get people buying shares again, they may not ahve even made this detector yet.

maybe not what they wrote on their site but its what i was told by minelab mate when i spoke with them last week, so that's the info I shared with you. Release date middle of the year more info feb lets hope we hear today hey.

Latest posts