Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an edited screen shot
1619169924_162c6f06-cec7-4875-8845-fc0014957dfa.jpg

Mungass said:
Hitting an old patch tomorrow at Rushworth ....first outing for the 6000.....................
:pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget: hopefully .

Dont need to know the spot mate but would love to hear how you go.

davent said:
Here is an edited screen shothttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6002/1619169924_162c6f06-cec7-4875-8845-fc0014957dfa.jpg

Id imagine itd go off its head being that big I got a 13g bit at that depth with the SDC it wasnt screaming but it certainly pulled me up.
Im more interested in seeing how it goes at picking up a sub gram bit at 100-150mm the ones that are out of reach of the SDC because therell be plenty of them waiting to be dug up.

1619186284_d30913bc-fbae-4327-8162-c1e7573db35d.jpg
I got a point 3 with the standard zed coil a couple of weeks ago, couldnt believe how deep it was, so checked the hole a few extra times, checked the spoil and spread it around. It was a spiked bit to, like a cats eye prickle,

First use....I love it.
So light that its heavenly.
Speaker nice and loud.
It likes a few hot rocks, even in difficult. No a real issue at all, some of them set my 7000 off :)
Its quite sensitive to EMI as moving along up hill, the EMI changed....quick, and I mean quick, noise cancel solves that....
No gold. Have Monday to come ;)

kingswood said:
First use....I love it.
Speaker nice and loud.
It likes a few hot rocks, even in difficult. No a real issue at all, some of them set my 7000 off :)
Its quite sensitive to EMI as moving along up hill, the EMI changed....quick, and I mean quick, noise cancel solves that....

Good stuff kingswood,at least ya out an about with a bit less pain at the end of the day i hope.
Sometimes the golds a bonus,the real treasures being away from town work and any associated hassles :D
The emi effects the 11 a bit,tried the 14 for a couple of hours today to,one thing i did notice was earlier today i was doing the quick track quite often,after a while i just let it do its own thing and left the quick track alone,i reckon it settled on the ground a lot better after 10-15 minutes,she's chirpy on the laterite over here,trade off for the sensitivity i imagine.....

1619262882_c2286531-afb4-4a08-9c89-52a2f91d4dca.jpg
OldGT said:
Mungass said:
Hitting an old patch tomorrow at Rushworth ....first outing for the 6000.....................
:pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget: hopefully .

Dont need to know the spot mate but would love to hear how you go.

No gold but did not expect this ...5 of us have flogged this spot . Mates 4500 couldnt hear the shotty pellets ...no dd needed ... love this machine.. must review instructions now ... screens not real tough though . Put a big scratch in it ... :awful:

Cheers mate, from the balace of evidence it looks like the 6 can keep up with the SDC and deliver with gpx depth, the purchase price is still pretty steep but looks like theyve got good new tech.

Have a couple spots out that way Im keen to swing over myself, despite the junk theres always a few bits about. Cleaned up mutiple places with the sdc and a 45 that, and another with Zed in tandem in a virgin patch so if the 6 can snag a few more it will be an eye opener.

40 percent of the pellets were kinder surprises ,most around 3 inches in depth , all in gravel wash ,thought a few were gold for sure , one of my partners in crime called bullshit when i told him , he said should be no targets left , and if there was would only be a couple , was gunna keep my 4000 as well , but am packing its jarmies now ...Nenad was right , has 3500 audio , i,m back in the zone .............as you would know Rushy ground is nasty ....this smashed it ......jumbos play a bit of havoc thou. oh by the way it was Whroo area .......... ;) ;)

Goldchaser1 said:
kingswood said:
First use....I love it.
Speaker nice and loud.

Good stuff kingswood,at least ya out an about with a bit less pain at the end of the day i hope.
Sometimes the golds a bonus,the real treasures being away from town work and any associated hassles :D
The emi effects the 11 a bit,tried the 14 for a couple of hours today to,one thing i did notice was earlier today i was doing the quick track quite often,after a while i just let it do its own thing and left the quick track alone,i reckon it settled on the ground a lot better after 10-15 minutes,she's chirpy on the laterite over here,trade off for the sensitivity i imagine.....
Thanks mate. Pain much better :)
Yeah I noticed the same on laterite. Not a real issue as the 7000 detected the larger buried laterite too...
Yesterday was more about experimenting. Today gets more real...Hopefully :) Patch where we have taken heaps of small bit from....every time I have detected there I have picked a few bits. Noisy area, some salty clay and EMI. Will take 14" with me too!

kingswood said:
Goldchaser1 said:
kingswood said:
First use....I love it.
Speaker nice and loud.

Yeah I noticed the same on laterite. Not a real issue as the 7000 detected the larger buried laterite too...
Yesterday was more about experimenting. Today gets more real...Hopefully :) Patch where we have taken heaps of small bit from....every time I have detected there I have picked a few bits. Noisy area, some salty clay and EMI. Will take 14" with me too!

Oh roger i thought u were over east
When i put the 14 on i put it straight into normal,did the routine but it was noisy,into difficult and wandered off,the geosense seems to just make it handle the ground quite well as ya go,after a bit i had the dd back in normal and sensitivity up about 3/4.
I even ended up running the 11 in normal on the laterite for 30 mins for interest sake,it settled with low sensativity and was usable but a slower swing helped,tested both on a cuppla bits i found and as expected normal gave a much better response.
It's hard taking that 11 off,it feels like i'm swinging a squash racket again the things so bloody light.....

How are you charging your 6000, are you using the battery clips setup as supplied by Minelab?
Battery clips don't really suit my camp setup as my Battery is stored in a compartment away out of sight so I was thinking of cutting the clips off and fitting a standard cig. lighter plug...assuming I don't mess up the positive/negative side of things does anyone see a problem with this idea?

Woteva said:
How are you charging your 6000, are you using the battery clips setup as supplied by Minelab?
Battery clips don't really suit my camp setup as my Battery is stored in a compartment away out of sight so I was thinking of cutting the clips off and fitting a standard cig. lighter plug...assuming I don't mess up the positive/negative side of things does anyone see a problem with this idea?
There is a review on the detector prospector forum that explains why there is no cig adaptor. Apparently some modern cars will not charge this type of battery properly.

Goldchaser1 said:
kingswood said:
Goldchaser1 said:
kingswood said:
First use....I love it.
Speaker nice and loud.

Oh roger i thought u were over east
When i put the 14 on i put it straight into normal,did the routine but it was noisy,into difficult and wandered off,the geosense seems to just make it handle the ground quite well as ya go,after a bit i had the dd back in normal and sensitivity up about 3/4.
I even ended up running the 11 in normal on the laterite for 30 mins for interest sake,it settled with low sensativity and was usable but a slower swing helped,tested both on a cuppla bits i found and as expected normal gave a much better response.
It's hard taking that 11 off,it feels like i'm swinging a squash racket again the things so bloody light.....
All good mate :)....Sandgroper here too :playful:
Better day today. Old patch that has been hammered and someone salted it with lead shot!!
The EMI which I thought would be an issue actually was fine so managed to stay with the mono.
Found my first 6000 bit...all 0.14g of it ha ha
It was actually the most fun I have had detecting in ages. This thing is a pleasure to use.
The small bit gave a loud signal...tested it in normal and difficult, no difference really at all.
Had a play with threshold off, not really a fan, but it still picked up a lead shot in the 10 minutes I tried it.
1619320475_6000_25_april_0.14g.jpg

1619320495_trash.jpg

32 grams of sinkers :)

Latest posts