Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joeboy said:
My wish list for the ideal GPX 6000! operates smoother then 'sensitive smooth' crisper then 'sharp' on all targets, punches deeper then 'relic mode' & eats EMI for breakfast :perfect: If it doesn't have all these features...I will only buy one of them. :playful:

Jeepers, I reckon I'd shut up shop and detect full time if that ever happened!

Heard on the grapevine that a load of gpx 6000's were ready for the Australian market for March when they disappeared to Africa, anyone know if this news is true and why this happened if it is true?

Fake news or secret Minelab business???

Minelab have made a mess of the release as far as Im concerned. All the rumours and speculation was pretty good at the start , creating a bit of excitement, but its just stupid now. We all know its coming.
Best thing they could do is come clean and explain whats happening. Or even make something up if the truth is not great! But provide a little more info regarding what the detector is, (which we all have a pretty good idea anyway) and an explanation as to when its likely to hit the shops.
Price is pretty well known to be @$8000, so anything less will also be well received.

Should have named this the "speculation thread"... At least they could blame all the misinformation about release dates on Covid??

From: https://detecthistory.com/news/minelab-gpx-6000-new-2021-minelab-metal-detector/

Minelab metal detector manufacturer has announced the release of a new metal detector, GPX 6000. In fact, the brand has registered the model in the summer of 2020, and the release itself is planned in 2021 (well you know, all these lockdowns, it is hard to make any clear plans these days).

Read the "Final Thoughts" on the article....a bit funny!

Nogoldhere said:
I don't understand, if the Gpx6000 is going to retail at $8,000. Wouldn't you spend the extra $1,500 and purchase the Gpz7000?

The flagship detector is the best, isn't it?
Or am I missing something..

Well it's a good time to buy a good 2nd hand Zed with low mileage ATM, with the pending release of the 6K.....those people trading down from the Zed looking for a lighter machine that will excel on bread & butter gold.

I like the weight, it's exactly the same weight as the SDC2300 without batteries. I'm pretty sure the GPX6000 weight will include the battery.

They reckon its coming out early april - https://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/minelab-gpx6000.html

There's not much weight difference between the 5000 and 6000. Even if the stated 2.1kg for the 6000 is with the 11" coil. Besides the battery, which i don't mind on my back, the 5000 is 2.4kg with the 11" coil. Would be nice not to have cords dangling about though.

Just another big spender for Minelab .. akin to fishing lures .. new box .. new user interface ..
will just sit back and await for all the new enhanced reported finds 1gm / 1mtr down lol .. sticking to what i know best
good luck wink wink :pickshovel:

gef12 said:
Just another big spender for Minelab .. akin to fishing lures .. new box .. new user interface ..
will just sit back and await for all the new enhanced reported finds 1gm / 1mtr down lol .. sticking to what i know best
good luck wink wink :pickshovel:

You have to hope they learned something from the debacle with GPZ7000 early on :|

Did a Google (using a VPN to the U.S), one site was advertising them at US$6,000, which is as near as to $8,000 AUD.

Given I have a 5000 & 2300 and have yet to find another couple of oz to pay for them in gold, I can't see the logic of another 8k. SWMBO absolutely won't. :awful:

Nogoldhere said:
I don't understand, if the Gpx6000 is going to retail at $8,000. Wouldn't you spend the extra $1,500 and purchase the Gpz7000?

Is it.The 7000 is nearly 6 years in production and four in r&d.The 6000 is fresh new technology.The comparison i would make is would you buy a ten year old iphone. :pickshovel:

maldongold said:
Nogoldhere said:

Is it.The 7000 is nearly 6 years in production and four in r&d.The 6000 is fresh new technology.The comparison i would make is would you buy a ten year old iphone. :pickshovel:

Would Never buy a NEW I-PHONE let alone use an old one...

SDC amd GPZ have proven them selves time and time again... the 6000 may be the next winner but will need to give it a bit of time.

If I had to buy a Gold detector tomorrow - the GPX6000 would be my choice. Age and getting lazy and thus the PROS out weigh and Cons.

AngerManagement said:
maldongold said:
Nogoldhere said:

Would Never buy a NEW I-PHONE let alone use an old one...

SDC amd GPZ have proven them selves time and time again... the 6000 may be the next winner but will need to give it a bit of time.

If I had to buy a Gold detector tomorrow - the GPX6000 would be my choice. Age and getting lazy and thus the PROS out weigh and Cons.
I wouldnt buy an iphone either.Lol.

Really enjoyed this post, a lot of it focused on the big unknown and mainly from a glass half empty perspective.
Bottom line is most have put a lot of time and money into their setup and have confidence in its ability to find gold. Why trust the unknown?
Interesting some dont like the price, try getting into the property market at the moment. Its new technology in a high end gold machine so it is what it is.
Some dont like its limited choice in fine tuning but it follows the same as the latest gold machines (monster,SDC) and coin/relic (Nox). These like the 6000 are based on the best engineering and extensive expert testing. To be honest while some tinker a bit with settings I dont see this as a limitation, especially given most are the wrong side of 50 and latest technology is like a new language.
In relation to coils, again the latest stock monster, SDC and Zed didnt have aftermarket coils so I guess if you dont like the coils youll have to wait for other coils which will come no doubt.
If the comparison data is accurate then it should find a lot of gold, given its weight and simplicity will sell well.
Hopefully well see it released soon and get plenty of quick feedback in our social media world.

A-team said:
This is what I'm talking about. Had a hard time even picking it up! And they want to go smaller???
Found with the GPZ, clear clean signal at around 100mm deep.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/18790/1612867922_g-1.jpg

Don't think the 6000 will be on my wish list.....
No one's making you buy one why are you quacking on about it. It's not that the gold will be smaller than what you've found. The comments seem to concentrate on the fact that your going to find microscopic pieces. The reality as i see it is nuggets of all sizes will be visible with more clarity than is possible now. By the way what's wrong with small gold beats walking around all day getting 'F' all. :Y:

GemQ said:
Really enjoyed this post, a lot of it focused on the big unknown and mainly from a glass half empty perspective.
Bottom line is most have put a lot of time and money into their setup and have confidence in its ability to find gold. Why trust the unknown?
Interesting some dont like the price, try getting into the property market at the moment. Its new technology in a high end gold machine so it is what it is.
Some dont like its limited choice in fine tuning but it follows the same as the latest gold machines (monster,SDC) and coin/relic (Nox). These like the 6000 are based on the best engineering and extensive expert testing. To be honest while some tinker a bit with settings I dont see this as a limitation, especially given most are the wrong side of 50 and latest technology is like a new language.
In relation to coils, again the latest stock monster, SDC and Zed didnt have aftermarket coils so I guess if you dont like the coils youll have to wait for other coils which will come no doubt.
If the comparison data is accurate then it should find a lot of gold, given its weight and simplicity will sell well.
Hopefully well see it released soon and get plenty of quick feedback in our social media world.
Agree whole heartedly but the stone wont stop rolling.Keep up or get left behind.

Latest posts