Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LORD said:
I cant find it now either, Thats defiantly what it was because I bought the exact package, just double checked.
If anyone's interested I would say give Bendigo miners den a call and hit them up. FYI they also let me swap the 15" evo for 17" elliptical evo for same price mentioned.

How long ago did you purchase it m' LORD..lol

No recommendations for the Sadie 8x6? I'm in a similar boat, looking to buy a 4500 and decent coil in the coming weeks. I've used a Sadie on the TDI and it was a great little coil, so I'm wondering if I should get one for the 4500 :/

The Commander 11" Mono is a nice stable coil but the 12" Evo beats it hands down performance wise. The evo is also waterproof.

If wet clays or other ground anomolies are causing issues that a drop in Gain or change in timing can't solve, I'd rather go up to a 15" evo or 15"" DD ultimate, but if it's small gold I'm chasing then I'll strap on the 8" Detech.

Hi Phasetech
I've heard the 12" Evo can also be a bit too sensitive in certain conditions just like 11" Elite. I believe the two are very similar. Whilst both will beat the 11" Commander hands down in sensitivity they both may not best fit as an all rounder in the Vic GT when compared to the 11" Commander. Appreciate your further opinion. Cheers Dignit

Hard Luck said:
Thanks all.

Yes the package they are currently offering does come with the 11" mono. So all good there.
Only problem is they won't take CC payment over the phone. You need to email them a copy of your licence and CC. lol..understandable i suppose with all the fraud going on nowadays. But that is something i am not comfy with.
I'll work it out one way or another.
HL
Sending a copy of your licence and CC is becoming common practice now. We do this now at work after a customer claimed an $11,000 dollar CC refund claiming they didn't receive the goods when they had. The bank gave them the refund even though we disputed it. It took us 12 months to fight the bank to get the money back. After the battle the bank came clean and advised this was becoming a real issue and recommended we follow the new procedure otherwise they wouldn't cover us in the future.

Also, just make sure it's an 11" mono, and not the 11" DD. The DD came with my package and is not as good for gold detecting in the Vic GT.

Good luck with your purchase. Cheers Dignit

Dig'n-it said:
Hi Phasetech
I've heard the 12" Evo can also be a bit too sensitive in certain conditions just like 11" Elite. I believe the two are very similar. Whilst both will beat the 11" Commander hands down in sensitivity they both may not best fit as an all rounder in the Vic GT when compared to the 11" Commander. Appreciate your further opinion. Cheers Dignit

I think the main issue is that some users are reluctant to turn their Rx Gain down when required. Also, Sens Smooth timing is another option if Enhance isnt cutting it.

Nugget said:
No recommendations for the Sadie 8x6? I'm in a similar boat, looking to buy a 4500 and decent coil in the coming weeks. I've used a Sadie on the TDI and it was a great little coil, so I'm wondering if I should get one for the 4500 :/
Good little coil but not an all-rounder. More for specifically chasing small gold in & around tight areas.

The current GPX4500's for sale should all come standard with both 11" mono & 11" DD. The 11" mono has now replaced the previously supplied 15" x 12" semi elliptical mono. Just check with the dealer as they may have older stock?

PhaseTech said:
Dig'n-it said:
Hi Phasetech

I think the main issue is that some users are reluctant to turn their Rx Gain down when required. Also, Sens Smooth timing is another option if Enhance isnt cutting it.
This comes down to learning/training period in some cases I think Nenad & one reason I reckon getting used to the standard commander coil can be a good idea. Once a bit a familiarity & confidence kicks in aftermarket coils just seem to be a natural progression from there.

Fitted the 12" Evo and it screamed at me ........................ a quick chat with Nenad and some setting changes and runs like a mouse ............. hard to take it off and only do so to run the 15" Evo on more open ground.
Hard Luck you will not go wrong dealing with Central West ............... probably one of if not the best Minelab dealer in Oz. Not many owners (Greckie) will give you their personal number to contact them if any problems ;) Ten out of ten for service without a doub't.
:)
Re Visa payments over phone basically if a dispute is raised by the card holder and a signature authorizing payment cannot be produced then payment is returned to card holder. Same as Din n its company I found out the hard way :mad:

Hi to all.
Having recently purchased a GPX4500 complete with the standard 11DD and 15 mono I was feeling a little depressed with performance until doing a day training course with 'Golden Triangle Tours'.Not only was the course excellent, it was the testing of different coils with my own machine that made it more than worth while.
Without doubt the best coil tested on different size nuggets buried at different depths was the Nugget Finder 12 inch evolution mono. I was amazed at the difference, the 12 inch evo was the only coil tested capable of detecting all nuggets at all depths. Just an excellent all rounder. ( the trip home proved it when a couple of rocks that gave a subtle response from Rushworth were dollied to shed some good flakey gold)
I have since purchased said coil and continue to be impressed. Mind you, do not try and use in a residential area unless you are happy to adjust the detector response including Rx,,, it is very sensitive to EMI. Great out in the field, just be mindful of EMI sources such as phone towers, approaching storms, even two way radio devices and electric fences in the vicinity.
This coil performed better than 8x6 mono (NF) I was originally going to purchase for small gold.

If possible check out Greckie at Golden Triangle Tours before purchasing a new coil. The new evolution coils are class above the standard coils, and as pointed out in earlier posts it is water proof to 1m.

Cheers
Diablo

mbasko said:
Nugget said:
Good little coil but not an all-rounder. More for specifically chasing small gold in & around tight areas.

The current GPX4500's for sale should all come standard with both 11" mono & 11" DD. The 11" mono has now replaced the previously supplied 15" x 12" semi elliptical mono. Just check with the dealer as they may have older stock?
Wats the reason behind the change from 1512 to the 11 mono as standard mbasko

Hi Braggy,
Good to see you have come out of the woodwork. LOL
I will be joining you with a 4500 project shortly so let the games begin eh. ?
It will be a massive step up from my poor old GT1600 Minelab.
Cheers Mate

Braggy,

I got the GPX4500 from Bendigo Miners Den the other week also. You are correct, very helpful and good to deal with.
They are quiet popular at the moment and a great machine. you wont be disappointed !

So what say you all?

Shall I just get started with the NF Evo since this detector is all new to me and learn to use that or start with the 11" Commander mono.
I'm thinking either way it's going to be a big learning curve.

Latest posts