Minelab GPX 4500 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keep at it, I see by your Wedderburn finds you are on the right track digging shotty pellets is a good indicator that you are doing the right thing. Being new to a 4500 try to leave one coil on it until you under stand what the detector is telling you good hunting regards john :)

thanks john I will, I'm still enjoying it, already organising my next trip in a few weeks I might go back to Maryborough :)

Thanks for the info Maxpower
I grabbed a 4500 from them as well last Thursday....been out for a bit of Shot pellet collecting - no gold but is running quiet & getting small targets
Just gotta find the right place to walk with it
Cheers

Went to ballarat for a few hours today here are my finds, I'm cleaning up the bush one bullet at a time :)

1438335186_picture1.jpg

I see Minelab have just re-released the 4500 in the USA and it's coming here soon. Fitted with a CT Elite Mono I believe and cost somewhere around $3500.00 ???.

I've found heaps with mine here in WA over the years. I still have one and a 5000 and an SDC, plus a Whites GMT. My wife uses the 4500 to great effect with a small CT Platypus coil - basically a Sadie but with a solid core.

I did have a 7000 until yesterday,,,,,,,,,,sold it.

The 2400 will retail here for $3200, not sure what coil, rumour is the 15".

YEE HA New 4500 with the elite coil arrived yesterday. Missus recons I was like a kid
in a candy store. midnight in the backyard harness on swingin with the elite.Head bush tomorrow to
have a play. Not a known gold area but will take some nuggets to learn
sounds and settings. Plan to do clermont for a week soon. So excited.

Same Filthy, missus reckons just ask people where they found gold and go there.
Or go to that triangle thingy in Vic and get some. Don,t think she has got the
concept of gold hunting yet. Will be taking her to clermont to swing the sdc.
It will be fun.

Hi polky congratulations on the new detector do not get to carried away on learning the sound with test nuggets I think is more important to learn the settings it will take time just stick will one coil, they are a nice detector to use regards john :)

Thanks fellas. John good plan man. Intend to stick with the elite.
The fella iam going to Clermont with has 30 yrs detecting experience.
His swingin the Z, and will help me understand the 4500. Been usin the sdc
just switch on and go. His and Walzlin opinions convinced me to get the 4500.
I know it will be a learnin curve, thats part of the enjoyment.

Hey bud if it's noisy just sitting coil flat on the ground not moving and you have done the auto tune then there's probably too much interference, if your swinging it then your yard is full of junk like mine is. Don't worry it's just that it's very sensitive, once you get out in an area with out all the electricity and rubbish it will run smooth if your settings are ok and you can then start to play with your settings, that's what I've found with mine so far anyway lol hope it helps

Latest posts