Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
No one makes better detectors.

Blasphemer :eek: :eek:

It's better that they get it right first, we have seen other companies drop the ball and they took a major hit in sales and lost a lot of long time customers, So it's better for us if ML take their time, :Y:

I'm keen to see how it goes for the mentioned pricing estimates I'm giving this machine some serious thought. Haven't done any treasure hunting yet and think I'll give it a go. The other use is another machine for family (and solo :D) outings on the gold fields.

RM Outback said:
I'm keen to see how it goes for the mentioned pricing estimates I'm giving this machine some serious thought. Haven't done any treasure hunting yet and think I'll give it a go. The other use is another machine for family (and solo :D) outings on the gold fields.

Well RM I rekon that's a good move coz when the rain sets in you can't get out there coz of the mud and PI's don't like wet ground and VLF's like it damp so it means you can still go detecting whether it is for treasure or Nuggets, It pays to have a backup plan and you won't go stir crazy being house bound. :Y:

J.

Heatho said:
The Equinox will be ready when Minelab think it lives up to their reputation, plain and simple. No one makes better detectors.

Why would this one be any different? They released the SDC2300 when it was obviously lacking in many areas of design and market preparation, then they released the GPZ7000 leaving behind a trail of very disgruntled customers swinging faulty machines or faulty coils.

At least they do honor their warranty but when you buy a new machine you hope that you never have to test that.

Moneybox said:
Heatho said:
The Equinox will be ready when Minelab think it lives up to their reputation, plain and simple. No one makes better detectors.

Why would this one be any different? They released the SDC2300 when it was obviously lacking in many areas of design and market preparation, then they released the GPZ7000 leaving behind a trail of very disgruntled customers swinging faulty machines or faulty coils.

At least they do honor their warranty but when you buy a new machine you hope that you never have to test that.

Maybe that is why they are taking their time with this one, Lesson Learned I guess ?, we saw another company suffer internet rage because of a machine with faults and it did get nasty, for the company, and hobby it's self, not to mention the forum wars.

Holy Dooley, that was a mess :eek: :Y:

Moneybox said:
Heatho said:

I get where you're coming from MB but you can't help things going wrong occasionally, I've really only needed one warranty from minelab and that was when my CTX coil died, they replaced it within a week from memory, was very good service. Oh yeah, my CTX battery died too but was out of warranty.....

I've never had a problem with my SDC and most people that have complained about them made a big fuss for very little reason. Such as the battery problem, which was motly user error not putting the cap on straight and squarely. I've never had a problem with my 5000.

There have been issues with the Zed but what a great detector. Most who use them would never go back to a GPX.

Heatho why are you downplaying all the issues Minelab have had?
It's pretty insulting when you say stuff like this..........

"I've never had a problem with my SDC and most people that have complained about them made a big fuss for very little reason. Such as the battery problem, which was motly user error not putting the cap on straight and squarely."

Especially after the problems I had with my SDC and sending it in for repair twice only to be told nothing is wrong,then having to supply Minelab with video evidence before they would admit it had a problem.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9745

And don't downplay the battery issue..... That was very bad and lazy design.
People have a right to complain about it.

LC76 said:

"I've never had a problem with my SDC and most people that have complained about them made a big fuss for very little reason. Such as the battery problem, which was motly user error not putting the cap on straight and squarely."

Especially after the problems I had with my SDC and sending it in for repair twice only to be told nothing is wrong,then having to supply Minelab with video evidence before they would admit it had a problem.

Minelab could of easily not supplied any batteries. The issue was with the Minelab branded rechargeable batteries size being slightly smaller.

All products have issues, there is not one product out there immune to problems. But give credit where credit is due. Minelab does make superior products, and they are of great quality. But they can not please everyone.
And I could imagine how many people complain over non existent problems due to either not knowing what they are doing, or just not happy the machine didn't find them their pot of gold.

hAyyoUinAU said:
LC76 said:

Minelab could of easily not supplied any batteries. The issue was with the Minelab branded rechargeable batteries size being slightly smaller.

All products have issues, there is not one product out there immune to problems. But give credit where credit is due. Minelab does make superior products, and they are of great quality. But they can not please everyone.
And I could imagine how many people complain over non existent problems due to either not knowing what they are doing, or just not happy the machine didn't find them their pot of gold.

That's true but I think LC is more P'd off about being jerked around by their customer care and then having to make a video of it because they did not believe him, that would make a Saint swear.

mbasko said:
Supposed to be some more news from Minelab on the Equinox today?
Many on pre order lists in the USA have been told to expect delivery in the next week - hopefully we aren't too far behind. Interested to see how it goes.

Settle down guys, looks like the wait is ruffling feathers. ;-)

Does the ML release in the US well before OZ or is it a similar time? Any indication that pre-orders will exceed initial supply & there will be a significant delay in non pre-orders?

1517551249_image.jpg

Finally the day has arrived...So who's picking theirs up ASAP and who's sitting back waiting for feedback/honest reviews?

Tempted to just take the plunge.

I'm waiting a couple of months first. Mainly because it is to replace my second detector (Makro Gold Racer), and my main hunting is GOLD with ZED.

Will be interesting to see how everyone goes.
I suspect it will do well, considering price and ability.

Met with far less resistance about getting a Nox from Mrs GT than I was expecting....I'm sure I spotted multiple eye rolls whilst discussing this prior to release. ..Might have to have the same faith and be an early adopter, if I can find a Minelab retailer looking for a quick sale. Shouldn't be too hard there's 3 within a 2 hour drive.

Yeah Im using mine as an all rounder , complimenting beach and perhaps a backup to the gPX, who knows its early days and reports will be coming in good and bad by the 14th of feb :)

Latest posts