metal detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking for information on where to buy a metal detector and where to go prospecting on the central coast nsw.

Dad and I both got our minelabs from gumtree. If your looking at a minelab I think it's a good idea to get the serial numbers and call minelab to confirm its not a cheap fake and also to get someone to do a serviceability check on it.

Can't help you on where to go I'm in north qld try google where the nearest goldfield is. Check out the maps and resources section on the forum

http://goannagolddetectors.com.au/

http://www.minersdensydney.com.au/

Not sure if they're still active? :
CENTRAL COAST PROSPECTING CLUB INC:Meetings held every 3rd. Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm at Niagara Park Community Centre, Washington Ave., Niagara Park. Monthly away weekend are arranged to places such as Ophir, Barraba, Windeyer, Hill End, Sofala, etc. for the purpose of fossicking or detecting for gold & gems.All enquiries to Paul 02 4324 7797 or Laurie 02 4388 2941

Don't know of any prospecting options there? Plenty of beaches though :lol:
Would think Nundle or further inland around the Central West would be the best gold locations. Gloucester may be an option but pretty well tied up in State Conservation Areas etc. I believe.

well ive bought a xterra 705gold . went to norah head last nite and found my first silver mans ring.
not to mention bottle tops/ sinkers/ pull tabs / and some coins. :cool:

love the xterra 705 gold. found another ring.
this is a ladies ring with what looks like small amber stones in it.
1391815998_rings_033.jpg

Great work max, how are you finding the 705? A stable machine? I have a cheap MD at the moment and am seriously looking at the 705 as I have been caught by the bug...hook line annnnd sinker!

hi,my name is Darren and I have just joined , have wanted to go detecting for years, I have a detector that was given to me - a Minelab Supersearch ft 16000. I think its quite old and hasn't been used for along time. Has anyone any advice on this machine about what I might need to do before I use it other than simply install batteries. don't know much about this. thanks. Darren

Latest posts