Melting Furnace .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thedigger said:
Hello Jethro, Here is the crucibles, I have used them quite a few times no problems.
I put the little cut to help with pouring,but I am going to that again.

https://i.imgur.com/qDQwqDwl.jpg

Here is the table top oven along side the 230 to 120v step down transformer,it draws 750 watts and heats very quick,the temp is set in Fahrenheit.

https://i.imgur.com/caCH3NUl.jpg
Picture of my Graphite clay crucible after about 3 uses.
1618229934_20210412_104925_2.jpg

Maybe that the gas furnace is a bit harder on the crucible than your electric one. Ive also been using mine to do Assay smelt. So maybe the fluxes are a bit more corrosive.

Hello Jethro,They do not look the same,and perhaps the gas has a very agressive action on crucible.

The crucibles in the photo have been taken to 1200c,many times,melting 24kt gold.

Hope this helps you.

We use an aluminum saucepan for lead, on a cheap portable gas stove.
Must be no water or moisture anywhere as it can make leadshoot out under explosive steam force :bomb:

Getting one of these for hotter melts one day

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/V0KZGNb_cNM[/video]

Mike678 said:
Saw a melting furnace on FB seems to good to be true . A$58.86 free shipping world wide . Can pay by Paypal . They are around A$500 on E-bay . www.inventionest.com Feel like buying one , even if I don't have a use for it at the moment !

1621748802_furnace.jpg

This looks likely for a $58.58 furnace :lol:

However, I went into my Paypal accound and found the tracking number on China Post and it looks it's on its way :)
Obviously getting the runabout in Australia Post but then we expect nothing else :(

19 May 2021

19:20

China EMSArrived destination processing center
Sydney, Sydney

19 May 2021

19:20

CainiaoArrival at Processing Center
19 May 2021

16:18

Australia PostIn transit to next facility in PERTH AIRPORT WA
19 May 2021

16:10

Australia PostItem processed at facility
SYDNEY WEST NSW

19 May 2021

09:20

Australia PostArrived awaiting clearance (Inbound)
SYDNEY NSW

30 Apr 2021

18:21

China EMSDeparted by air
Malaysia airlines

30 Apr 2021

China PostFlight Departure
Malaysia airlines

30 Apr 2021

CainiaoFlight Departure
30 Apr 2021

13:59

CainiaoReceived by the carrier
30 Apr 2021

China PostReceived by the carrier
Malaysia airlines

30 Apr 2021

China EMSHanded over to the airline
Malaysia airlines

30 Apr 2021

05:02

China PostHanded over to Forwarding Agent for Transit
Shanghai international mail exchange station, ShanghaiCity

30 Apr 2021

China EMSHanded over to the carrier for transportation
Shanghai international mail exchange station, Shanghai city

30 Apr 2021

CainiaoHanded over to Forwarding Agent for Transit
29 Apr 2021

17:25

CainiaoArrival at Regional Sorting Center
29 Apr 2021

China EMSArrived [Shanghai international mail exchange station] (transit)
Shanghai international mail exchange station, Shanghai city

29 Apr 2021

China PostArrival at Regional Sorting Center
Shanghai international mail exchange station, ShanghaiCity

29 Apr 2021

03:28

CainiaoDeparture from Regional Sorting Center
29 Apr 2021

China PostDeparture from Regional Sorting Center
Wuhan International Mail Processing Center, Wuhan

29 Apr 2021

China EMSDeparted [Wuhan International Mail Processing Center], next stop [Shanghai international mail exchange station] (transit)
Wuhan International Mail Processing Center, Wuhan city

26 Apr 2021

21:56

CainiaoDispatched from Office of Exchange
26 Apr 2021

China EMS[Wuhan International Mail Processing Center] departure from outward office of exchange

26 Apr 2021

China PostDispatched from Office of Exchange

26 Apr 2021

UPUDeparture from outward office of exchange
WUHAN EMS

26 Apr 2021

13:56

Australia PostCleared and awaiting international departure
WUHAN (CN)

25 Apr 2021

22:59

25 Apr 2021

China EMSArrived [Wuhan International Mail Processing Center] (transit)

25 Apr 2021

25 Apr 2021

18:33

China PostDeparture from Regional Sorting Center
Fuyang mail district center office mail processing center, Xiangyang

25 Apr 2021

China EMSDeparted [Fuyang mail district center office mail processing center], next stop [Wuhan International Mail Processing Center]
Fuyang mail district center office mail processing center, Fuyang city

25 Apr 2021

CainiaoDeparture from Regional Sorting Center
24 Apr 2021

12:30

Hubei province city city business delivery department city district operational department, Xiangyang

24 Apr 2021

China EMSArrived [Hubei province city city business delivery department city district operational department]
Hubei province city city business delivery department city district operational department, Fuyang city

24 Apr 2021

24 Apr 2021

12:29

China PostDepature from Local Sorting Center
Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department, Xiangyang

24 Apr 2021

China EMSDeparted [Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department], next stop [Fuyang city]
Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department, Fuyang city

24 Apr 2021

CainiaoDepature from Local Sorting Center
24 Apr 2021

10:05

China PostPackage Received
Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department, Xiangyang

24 Apr 2021

China EMS[Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department] has received, postman:, phone:18871552118
Hubei province city city business delivery department operational department, Fuyang city

24 Apr 2021

CainiaoPackage Received
24 Apr 2021

UPUPosting/Collection
24 Apr 2021

02:05

Australia PostReceived item from Sender (Outbound)
CN-, CHINA

Still waiting for my furnace to turn up . Paid by Paypal got till Oct. to make a claim.....

I just removed 120kg's of batteries so perhaps I'll have a little practice at making lead ingots first. I can always paint them gold before cashing in :lol:

Take care handling lead , wear gloves . Do not inhale dust or fumes . The lead gets in to your blood easy . Wash your hands well. You can get your GP to do a blood test for lead in your blood . I wanted to know how much vitamin D I had , so he just added it in to the other tests . It was normal .

One of these melting furnaces from china was mentioned on the forum about mid April. About $60. I've done a search on the forum, but can't get any info on it. Can anyone help me with the details on that furnace, Thanks.

The website Mike put up has gone but my furnace has made from China to Perth Airport so hopefully it's get here.

This is where my money went,

Contact details
ZEWEN MA
The recipient of this payment has verified their PayPal account and is located outside of the US.
[email protected]
Payment sent [email protected]

Hopefully you can get something out of that.

That is the company that I have ordered mine . I will post when I get it . This could have been a one off deal , the company making them could have gone broke . Bought a large core drill from E-bay , a few years ago . After a little use I decided to sell it . Looked for the company but could not find it , gone broke ? Non on E-bay of that size . Sold it for about the same as what I had payed for it . Prices had gone up .

Melting point of Lead is 328 C

Furnaces are all great, but you CAN use TOO MUCH heat for melting the metal.

Problems arise when you vapourise lead into the atmosphere at the boiling point, about 1700 C.

Just keep about 10% or less above that and fumes will not be such an issue, but always in a well ventilated place anyway.

Any extra precautions are a bonus, breathing, clothes, eyes, skin, and absolutely no moisture going into the molten lead.

Flux with a wax candle or sawdust, stir it in all the way to the bottom, and scoop off the scum if pouring the lead into moulds,
'black' inside the moulds with candle flame soot
or soot from acetylene gas ( I have heard of silicon spray being used but I do the black with a candle mostly ).

Warm up the mould over the lead pot or gas heat, to make sure it is dry and the lead doesn't get cold when pouring.

These make great ingot moulds, are cast iron and cheap !
I have 15 of them, recently purchased, a great business to deal with, straight up and excellent prices on anything cast iron cookware.
Very fast response when emailing to them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224344302360

:)

Greenhornet_au said:
These make great ingot moulds, are cast iron and cheap !
I have 15 of them, recently purchased, a great business to deal with, straight up and excellent prices on anything cast iron cookware.
Very fast response when emailing to them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224344302360

:)

I'm hoping to need one of these for my gold shortly :lol:

Moneybox. That's the one. Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm watching your dry blowing endeavours with great interest. Keep up the good work. wiley.

I've been following this closely because it's most like too cheap to be genuine. After checking the tracking last night I headed down to the post office this morning. I dropped into the Toll depot on the way just in case. The girl at the post office didn't have anything for me but said she gave a parcel to Sandra yesterday. I said "No that was just an envelope and I'm expecting a small carton". After giving her the tracking number she searched the back office and then decided to check the video footage. It showed clearly her giving Sandra the parcel at the exact time that the tracking said "Delivered".

That got me thinking, it was not just dropped at the post office but "Delivered". I came home and rescued yesterdays envelope from the bin and sure enough the tracking number matched.

1622199103_gift.jpg

You have to wonder, is it still coming or is that all I'm likely to see?

I got some thing similar .... Looks like a scam .

But it does say it will arrive soon ? Claim on Paypal soon ?

Latest posts