meeting other gold hunters....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i must say that meeting other fossickers in the bush who have the time to share their knowledge is awesome, saw a few lads digging a hole and using a little sluice, having never seen one in action i went over and said hello and introduced myself, the lads were really really friendly and took a bit of time to explain the sluice process and helped increase my knowledge a bit, they even offered me a dig in their hole when they left! it was really a nice change the few other folks ive come across have been pretty stand offish and not very friendly. i dunno if the lads are members on here but i really appreciate their time and knowledge sharing. i did have a little scrape in their hole once they left but i felt a bit bad because they did all the work so i got a few handfuls of dirt and left it for their next adventure out. in the end we ended up finding our own spot that gave us some nice flakes and a few days fun.
i hope oneday someone feels like they can approach me and hopefully ill have some useful knowledge to share! thanks to the trio of cool guys in the river!!

I have been lucky so far with the people I have come a cross when I have been panning .There are a lot of good people out there who do not mind sharing their knowledge .

My first outing last year after getting the interest in the hobby with a makeshift pan and was lucky to bump into a couple fellas having a pan and sluice and leading me in the right direction with what gear to get. Experience is the key to success.

Latest posts