Maryborough/Paddy's Ranges, Where to go?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Chasing some general info on the area.

Only been up there once and ended up camped in the paddy's ranges state forest, Just off possum gully road.

Had a day or so detecting but didnt find anything. Just got my gpx 5000, so was a bit rusty on settings etc.

Any idea of any gold found in the area recently?

Will be heading up detecting with a mate this weekend coming and will be ending up somewhere in the maryborough area.
Paddy's ranges in the only place i know, but if anyone can recommend a nice spot to camp anywhere around on some prospective gold area that would be great.

Worth an ask at coiltek on where to have a detect?

Thanks in advance

Jez

If you stayed at the Karri Track Camp be aware that you are not supposed to detect at or to the north of the camp ground it's conservation. So anywhere south towards Amherst is ok and there's still some yellow found in those areas.

I'm heading over in Late September.

Also pop in to the tourist info centre in Maryborough, they have park maps of where you can and can't go.

I tried up there for the first time last week. Got a nice .4g. The young fellow and I were wrapped. So it's still out there. The piece I found sounded exactly the same as the mineralised ground signals I was getting all day. I nearly walked away from it.

Jump into Coiltek and get a map of areas available. About $20 for a Tully map.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys.

I was definately in the detecting permitted zone last time. So i might just head into the bush areound the same area, pull up camp and get into it.

Thanks heaps

on the old John Tully maps it used to have an area that said prospecting was allowed within the blue lines to the west of Possum gully road. I'm pretty sure that this area is NOW out of bounds. Check with Coiltek for clarification but I now think all of Paddy's Ranges is off limits.
Pete

further out to Amherst is better value, Daisy hill and surrounds, but if you are in the area there is a bit of history with the old graves ( lunatic) good story.
If you can cut through the smoke ( fags) on the veranda you might get a sensible answers to your queries at coiltek.

Hey Goldtruck59, I think I recognize your dog nugget, I've been down the triangle a couple of times around the Talbot and Timor area when a small dog who's owner said his name was nugget trotted up followed by his owner a couple of minutes later. Would that have been you? The owner said he called him Nugget because the first day he took him prospecting he found a nugget.
Pete

Latest posts