Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What maps are popular for using on a tablet. I am using Hema at the moment. Is anybody using oz explorer. Do they show old gold mines

Thanks polky

This has been discussed at length in other threads, do a search in the Gold maps and resources thread.........:)

To answer your Q, I use the Hema HN7, the road maps do not show old gold workings. However the 4x4 part of the HN7 is based on Oziexplorer, I don't believe the provided Topo maps show workings either, not a big enough scale.

However, I have VICMAP 1:25k large scale maps installed and at that scale it does show some old gold workings and more track detail.

John Tully Maps and Doug Stone maps are specifically for prospectors. Although I have a few JT maps, I tend to use Doug Stone maps and they do have grid references and are fairly accurate regarding placement of roads and tracks etc.

Yes it can show gold mines you can get a cd from ebay i think its about $20 or $30 and then you load it up into Oziexplorer and this is what it looks like when you get it working
1476272406_screenshot_2016-10-10-12-39-18.jpg

I'll try and get the link for you

Hey Roverrock, all of those overlays are available on the internet.
Some are even available in member downloads.
No need to pay, unless you are time poor.

The above Mine locations are Waypoints, which are added into Hema Explorer or Oziexplorer. I have similar info on transmission TV transmission towers. I think from memory I might also have fuel location Waypoints and UHF repeater towers and the duplex channels they are set to. I'd need to search my storage drives....

Latest posts