Map Making

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,

I hope Im posting this in the right area, please forgive me if Im not ..

Im looking for a map app/ website I can add my own location markers of places i could or have found gold and minerals I would like to check out. I also want to be able to add coordinates of said locations and notes of what I could find there or have found there.

Dose anyone have any suggestions of good mapping apps or websites I could check out ?

Trilobite app :perfect:

Its cheap enough, as the gold pack for the region you are in

Australian geology travel maps by trilobite solutions is its proper namw I think.

Good luck.

1630194238_screenshot_20210829-094256_google_play_store.jpg

Second that,you can add markers,named or coordinates by clicking on the little + button on the left bottom of the screen,tracks your position offline also,a great app.....

If your using Android Australian Topo Maps is a pretty good one & would fit what you're after. Not sure if there's an apple version?
The free version does have ads & doesn't work offline though. To upgrade to Pro Version is about $18.99 as a one off payment (I paid $12.99 4 years ago).
Has geological info but not as detailed as Trilobite. You can import waypoints & other maps though.

There are other good ones, like Trilobite above, that include geological info but they usually have subscription fees. The fees are pretty cheap though e.g.
Trilobite free 1 week trial then $11.99/year plus extra subscriptions:
WA Prospector subscription $17.99/year
NSW/QLD/VIC gold subscription $11.99/year.

Latest posts