Making ready for trip to Maryborough GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Reaction score
Have our 1968 Viscount caravan up on the hoist checking that all will be ready for our next trip to Maryborough when the weather cools a bit. As it does not have a galvanised chassis we have to keep the paint up to it. Also have to clean out the multitude of mud wasp nests that occur during the summer months and get into some odd sections, also found that an Antechinus had built a nest in behind the water tank, it must have loved the view at 90 kmh about 250mm from the road surface, do not know how long it had been there.
1551579943_671759-small.jpg

They are not normally a problem as they are insect eaters, but like to get up in the engine bay of cars and build a nest of gum leaves.

Have cleaned most of the front section as this is the worst from the gravel and stones and is now ready for painting
1551580277_dscf1815.jpg

1551581114_dscf1816.jpg

It is about 1200mm from the ground so easy to get under, couple of places needed some welding and I can do the wheel bearing while it is up there, clean the water tank and check the wiring. A few years ago I fitted E-Go caravan movers
1551580621_dscf1818.jpg

These came in handy a couple of years ago when we went to Bathurst for a few days, they gave us a site right opposite an occupied site on the other side of the road and he had parked his car in front of of his van, partially blocking access to our site and he was sitting watching my attempts to back our van in, there was no way I was able to get our van anyway near where it needed to be and he just sat and watched. So I unhooked our van and set up the movers and using a remote backed it into the site without any further ado, a couple of other vanners had been watching and had to come up and see how it was done.

Now when we arrive home I engage the movers and then give the remote to the wife and she puts the van under the car port for me without all the yelling and waving of arms to used to go on in the past. Nothing like a remote controlled caravan when sometimes it is difficult to get into some areas.

Sorry Goody I had hit post instead of preview, so it was not finished.

Graham

Latest posts