Lot 7310 Upper Turon road Sofala

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this property advertised on realestate com.
Would love to be able to buy and build on it but looks like its not allowed. :(
45 acres along the Turon River, this property has no fencing or building entitlement. Phone today to enquire about the special conditions of this allotment. #2031
1450914416_image.jpg

http://www.realestate.com.au/proper...3000.870-18&type=photos&index=9&theme=rea.buy

totally agree with Mbasko that area is one of the last places left for general public use on the Turon.

nucopia said:
What if its bought by some one from PA who lets members use it ?
Doesn't cut it mate. What about the families etc. that camp, fish & swim there without being members here now or even fossickers. I'm against the sale of public land that's in a prime area for recreational pursuits regardless of what they are that land shouldn't be up for private sale.
If they need revenue from land sales why not start on the blocks with limited or no public access that aren't being used for recreation?
That spot is one of only a few remaining areas on the Turon near Sofala for public access. After the Crown Lands Management Review earlier this year it's ludicrous to see that this has even come up. These are the exact types of lots it was designed to protect for communities & benefit users.
I've starting chasing it further to get some answers. :( Not happy & it's not a good sign if they can get away with selling something like that!

nucopia said:
Yep I agree.
What I am thinking if its sold to some one that closes it to public access its gone for good.
That should not be allowed to happen.
Yeah I can definitely see where your coming from mate. It's nothing against you or anyone else wanting to buy it, it's just the system that allows things like this that gives me the shites. If your keen on it I hope you get it & wish you well on that side of things. Just frustrating & a bit shocked to see it for sale. :(
I'll get over it :lol:

Excellent, if it falls through I might look at buying it so I don't have to deal with those pesky fossickers. :lol:

Looks on the face of it like a double dip.....sell it then let the new owner manage it. What's the bet it some ridiculous inside deal?

That's just plain wrong selling off spots like that. Especially if some yuppie buys it then charges people $100 a night to camp there. I reckon you're a on the money Goldtarget. The expressions of interest are probably just a ploy to satisfy the tender process, and it's already been promised to a shiny-bummed wig somewhere.
Wouldn't surprise me if this was a glaring case of cronyism.

I understand there has been a brainwave in the NSW gov to get revenue by selling off right of access parcels to nearby land holders; this may well be one such piece of land. If this happens anyone wanting to have a swim in a river would need approval from the land owner to obtain access - crazy

If I could I would buy it and leave it free to any one.
Just wish I had the coins!
Hope who ever buys it is a top bloke and allows camping and fossiking