Lost SDC 2300 in Creswick Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyGoldAu said:
Almost agree nucopia...sadly, in that environment of poverty, many deaths were a result of 'internal feuds' totally unaligned with 'drugs'...

It's slowing now, but 'vendetta deaths by Police' initially were rampant, and that level of oversight is just not on, and i hope you are not advocating that sort of policy here?

:)
My first trip there was in 1983 been back many many times over the last 34 years . I even lived there 1992-93 and 1995 -2004 and also for a year in 2007.
We often go back once or sometimes twice per year.
Last August, we spent 6 months there in our house in Angeles City and a lot of the time on our farm in the northern province of Isabella .
The internal feuds were between the gang members and the vendettas you mention are between those involved in the drug trade. The feuds and vendettas are minuscule compared to the 10's of thousands of addicts that voluntarily surrendered and signed up for rehabilitation and who are being treated in facilities all over the Philippines.
The crime rate all over the country has dropped significantly. Corrupt politicians cops and public servants have been sacked or changed their corrupt ways.
All my Filipino friends and relations are 100% behind their president and his war on drugs because of the positive results it has had over society .
Do I advocate the same policy here.. to a certain degree I do.

Matthew Kin Gy said:
Yes it's true. Police are now involved and I've been informed the finder sold it for drugs. So unsure if it will ever turn up or if he will be charged for theft.

Have you pressed charges?

its a sad fact about stolen property recovery in NSW, for example , a trail bike was stolen from my son, found it a few ks away in the backyard of a known badboy, police informed, they visited and were told to get lost, they cant search without a search warrant, the station commander said that without a visual there would be insufficient evidence to request a search warrant , even though my son saw it there, so I contact someone else , the detective arrives, told to get lost , but the power of persuasion prevails, there is the stolen bike, in the garage, recovered and then we went thru the process of regaining possession, a very interest legal point , if the person in possession of the stolen item has a receipt, your a shot duck , For example I steal your Porshe get dodgy paperwork , go to a car yard , ask whats it worth because I going overseas next week , no mate thats not enough money, but go back and say I leaving in a couple of days, you win , get the cash and disappear, by the time the process on the paperwork and stolen cars is underway its to late for the real owner , a lenghty court case to determine who rightfully owns the car, and it sits in the police compound until its sorted out, one would think that the onus of proof should be on the buyer , and if it stolen then they loose it , MKG, pressure the Police to lay charges against the finder of your property you may get the run-around but if you do keep climbing the chain of command until your rights a law bidding citizen are enforced, don't let the issue go, but it can get messy.

A Friend years ago bought and restored an LC torana. Did it properly with checks through the road authority even had temporary permits issued along the way. When he went to finally register it they said it was stolen approx 8 years earlier. Same body number they issued permits with go figure!!
He had to negotiate with the original owner and pay him some money to legally keep the car.

So keep your receipts you still might get an outcome.
Good luck !

1502622321_img_0152.jpg

Just checking this is not the same detector?????

Latest posts