Looking for a new home. Honest, caring and loving.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is not an easy decision to make. So here goes.

The family dog Millie is a collie x lab. She was born in March 2012. Millie was mauled by two English Pointers 4 years ago. Since then she has never been the same around other dogs and children. She is fine around adults. Millie is a clever dog, she can jump, lay down, roll over, shake hands and even walk on two legs if commanded. I have 3 children and if they pat Millie around the tail or tummy area she gets very very anxious and gets aggressive as a defensive response. My wife and I are yet to make the harsh call to put her down. I dont want to do this so Im reaching out to forum members who might have a heart to take her. I wont advertise her on gumtree because I dont want her to go to the wrong type of people. We are looking for someone who honest, trust worthy, loving and they must have morals. I dont want Millie to end up in dog fight pits. Please PM me if you are interested. Located in Hoppers Crossing Vic. I am willing do drive to a certain extent to meet up. She is registered and micro chipped.

Cheers Col

1539136053_52f206a2-e4dd-4a8e-a1df-dd9906ee600f.jpg

A wise but tough decision, i often hear of dog attacks on family members and in most cases they didnt act responsibly when the early signs started. Well done on thinking ahead :Y:
Lovelly looking dog if she could catch sheep , push em up and walk on their backs i would come get her.
Can she sniff out nuggety ground ? :playful:

Good luck chuky,
Its avery hard time for you and yours to go through.
I had much the same situation myself 2 years ago .
Allthe best for millie and you guys.
Regards Steve

Would love to take her but have young kids that would stress her out. She looks like a great dog, good luck.

Hopefully you find her a decent home soon, Millie looks like a great companion. Unfortunately with our hoard of grand kids who visit regularly we're not able to take her, wish I could. I'll have a chat to a few neighbours and see if I can find Millie a new home, if we all ask anyone we consider decent surely we can find Millie a nice home.

So I take it she's 6yo micro chipped and registered, questions : is she de-sexed, has she had her parvo and distemper shot's.

We had the same issue with our cat Col, after 10 years she decided I was OK but everyone else was an enemy, especially kids. We found a home for her through a facebook group that re-houses unwanted cats, maybe there are similar groups that re-home dogs.

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, heart breaking for sure. I have two kids otherwise I'd take her in a heartbeat, she is a beautiful dog.
Good lick, I hope you are lucky finding her a new home :Y:

Gorgeous looking dog. I am curious if she reacts the same way when pattted or touched by adults she does not know in the tummy or tail area. It is very strange behaviour for a dog to do. I understand her being a bit funny around other dogs but the children part has me. Hopefully you find her a good home.

She looks adorable. Is there any way you can take her to a dog trainer/behaviourist to try to sort out her problems, rather than give her away?

RM Outback said:
Hopefully you find her a decent home soon, Millie looks like a great companion. Unfortunately with our hoard of grand kids who visit regularly we're not able to take her, wish I could. I'll have a chat to a few neighbours and see if I can find Millie a new home, if we all ask anyone we consider decent surely we can find Millie a nice home.

So I take it she's 6yo micro chipped and registered, questions : is she de-sexed, has she had her parvo and distemper shot's.

Hi RM, she has been de sexed. She was bought micro chipped and immunised. Im not sure about specific parvo and distemper shots. Ill have to dig up her immunisations records.

Cheers Col

That's a hard call to make Col but the right decision in your situation.
If we didn't already have two Jack Russells (1 with issues due to being mistreated before we got him).
Millie looks like a great dog and would make a great companion for someone in the right situation.
I hope she finds a great home which would be good for her and also put you mind at ease, best of luck :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts