When a plan come to a perfect end

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Kato and I do trips away from the family, in fact I take all the girls away one at a time alone with me for what ever they want to do
by their choice.

This year Kato wanted to revisit a place where we discovered some old buildings on private land about a year ago.

We camped by the river and she was picking up spendables, sinkers (YES) and a very heavy Mens rope pattern silver ring in good nick
from the mud at the edge of reeds.
Some rain messed our days around and we tried the driving exploring gig for the afternoon.

The next day we revisited a road where we found those old buildings, passed by a farm and got a wave so we turned back and
dropped in to talk to the property owner. The previous year we had met his brother.
Spoke for awhile and boy that was awesome, Kato got permission to checkout two sites on the spot, one site a cottage that had never
been even looked at - it was where they grew up and is in need of serious repair to keep it from collapse.
The other a well trodden place but he actually phoned the party for us and got her permission.

After a long day both brothers were teasing Kato and very interested in her knowledge and her finds, all of which she could keep.
Then one of them described another site to us about 14Km from the cottage that was still their land, he hoped we may find a knife he
misplaced there as a teenager. Also a buried tin can that has money in it from an old drover who owned the land, his brother and sister could not locate it
before selling the land.
We tried to locate the site, but we drove into a few other properties and had some ok but interesting conversations where we were embarrassed
but not told off, as they knew who had directed us. ;)

We have been told there are several other sites on their substantial holding, so we have a good venue that will keep Kato going for years if she grids it
all properly.

Very nice brothers, they welcomed us like family and were like children themselves as they observed Kato swing and dig, she even 'called' targets
that they dug and she was bang on, they were laughing.

Great days last weekend. :Y:

Oh yeah, she found a mens gold wedding band the previous weekend too !
Twisted and dented it is probably 18crt, and hardly recognisable.
She is doing well with her CTX

Dave law said:
I dont mean to burst Katos bubble but no photos it didnt happen.lol. Great effort by both of you. Cheers.
Jeez you had me so enthralled by the story I was believing it too :p ;)
GH it sounds like an awesome place for Kato and you to get out to and explore.. thanks for sharing and please keep us updated on any further adventures. :Y:
PS pics would be a bonus. 8)

AngerManagement said:
Best way to do it... Enjoy the time and the company - Every thing else is secondary

Mate, she is still using that Pin Pointer you provided, she has worn out 2 caps off of the tip, drowned it, worn the casing at the tip
and it is never far from her reach anywhere we go that she may get the chance to detect.
She really appreciates your generosity, more than she expresses outwardly.

I think when it dies she will get me to frame it. LOL
She has learnt and found so much with that and her digger. :Y:

In a couple of years it will probably be in the UK with us at Hadrian's Wall and surrounds.
Planning starts mid next year for that trip.

The time and company is understood, we appreciate it, things can change suddenly.
I hope you are doing well.

Greenhornet_au said:
she even 'called' targets that they dug and she was bang on

she must be good on the CTX , it takes lots of practice (not easy in the beginning) to put tones to the numbers, it is a sweet when ya master it ;)

She is doing well with her CTX

crickey what will Ramjet say........ :p a girl swinging a 3030................................. 8) 8)

Thats a great story
Good onya Kato :Y:
Cant wait to read all about your future hunts ;)
UK ?! !?! Hadrian's Wall ?!?! .... real treasure hunting ?!!
!!! BRING IT ON !!!

LOL

Finally got the pics off of the IPod for KATO

Yes Hadian's Wall, around $12k and we should be arranging another site or two maybe visit a YouTube character or two also.

Thinking that some drone footage would not go astray, so training and a drone into the budget...$15k could disappear quickly,
so lots of planning to reduce what we can in costs.

I can see some selling of my possessions in the near future to buy some new ones :lol: :party:

OR Kato funding by 'finds' ;)

1529812826_img_1492.jpg

1529812827_img_1494.jpg

1529813254_img_1430.jpg

Latest posts