Long neck beer - any other users?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with a bottle of Single Malt
I have a Glass that holds 8 ice cubes
Which i fill with scotch till the ice cubes float..
I get about 6 Glasses to the bottle.

Cheers
Jim

After a few froffies and a whiskey numbness good sleep and seek the next morning
Can't go wrong

good stuff Loamer the mate still has the leather cup holders they use to unzip and out would come 5 different aluminium cups in different colours, i bet u cant finf a bottleo to come and get the empyys anymore

I still visit the drive thru bottle shop after work sometimes and get a longneck for the drive home.
When they are on special 3 for $14 its cheaper than a 6 pac

kelack said:
good stuff Loamer the mate still has the leather cup holders they use to unzip and out would come 5 different aluminium cups in different colours, i bet u cant finf a bottleo to come and get the empyys anymore

Bloody hell!!! That is spooky. I was with my bro last night after the footy drinking some MB long necks and we were talking and laughing about the bottleo who used to drive around in an old Ford Blitz around Collingwood picking up the old man's and our Pop's empties. Always up the side of the house stacked and god help you if you broke any with a footy or a cricket ball.

yep no more bottleo,s milkys or bread men, was nothing better than hearing the milkys horse in the early hours of the morning

Around 1965....Me and my brother could buy a long neck of stout from the Mission drink truck that went down our street. I was about yo and I would pay for it with my pocket money. I'd tell him "the old man is crook, can he get a bottle of tonic"?. Then me, my brother and the kid across the road would go down to the creek at the end of our street , polish off the stout and catch eels to bring home and scare the sister no end........ nice being young.

To be bunt, I'm a bit of a beer snob. To the point where my ex would apologise in advance for me at parties :p

Most of my preferred beers come in long necks (although I can get James Squire on tap in most pubs in the city). The only exception I have found to this are some of Mountain Goats seasonal brews, which come in cans.

I drank a VB once, never again. Have not touched Carlton since I was 18. I normally go for James Squire 50 lashes when I'm at the pub. If I can get it, I love a Riverside 69 summer ale, tastes like pure gold. If none of these choices are available I'll ask the bartender what he recommends in pale or summer ales.

loamer said:
.... and a packet of Viscount Tens.
My dad used to smoke Viscount and drink Reschs Dinner Ale, now that brings back some memories :)
1406525021_9900.jpg

1406524965_unknown.jpeg

I used to drink Abbotts exclusively till the mongrels took it from the shelves, then moved to Crownies.

AusFX said:
To the point where my ex would apologise in advance for me at parties :p.
HHaaa been there a few times but my ex would apologise for me in advance at parties cos i was sucking down king brown MB in amongst their wine sipping & sniffing, and you could pretty much gaurantee by the end of the night (9.33pm) i was naked and throwing up...... and in no specific order too :lol: :|
Ahhh the mighty king brown, breakfast of CHAMPIONS, and wood cutters ;)

kelack said:
thats when a box of redhead matches to go with them were 2 cents

I am still a young'n but I think I remember in 1971 when you could buy 3 (SA) schooners (about 20 cents each), a packet of viscount (36 cents pack ) and a box of matches (2 cents) and get change from a dollar.

Now that were living!

Since I quit smoking, I find I spend 40% of my money on beer, and 40% of my money on loose women, and I squander the rest. :lol:

TTKooAu said:
kelack said:

I am still a young'n but I think I remember in 1971 when you could buy 3 (SA) schooners (about 20 cents each), a packet of viscount (36 cents pack ) and a box of matches (2 cents) and get change from a dollar.

Now that were living!

Since I quit smoking, I find I spend 40% of my money on beer, and 40% of my money on loose women, and I squander the rest. :lol:

And gallon of petrol for 36 cent. That was in 1970. I worked for British Leyland as sparky and got $68 per week. Your could buy terrace house in Paddington for under five thousand.
Karl

KarlS said:
TTKooAu said:
kelack said:

Now that were living!

And gallon of petrol for 36 cent. That was in 1970. I worked for British Leyland as sparky and got $68 per week. Your could buy terrace house in Paddington for under five thousand.
Karl

So for your weekly wage you could have bought 850 liters of petrol. No wonder everyone drove V8's. :lol:

Beagleboy said:
KarlS said:
TTKooAu said:
kelack said:

Now that were living!

Karl

So for your weekly wage you could have bought 850 liters of petrol. No wonder everyone drove V8's. :lol:
;) I have two boys and a girl- they are around 30, and they all drive v8 commos, cos they like 'em. the boy's 8,s are warmed over and kinda go reeeaaalll well. me ? old 1.6litre laser. 0 to 60 eventually :D