Long neck beer - any other users?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KarlS said:
TTKooAu said:
kelack said:
thats when a box of redhead matches to go with them were 2 cents

I am still a young'n but I think I remember in 1971 when you could buy 3 (SA) schooners (about 20 cents each), a packet of viscount (36 cents pack ) and a box of matches (2 cents) and get change from a dollar.

Now that were living!

Since I quit smoking, I find I spend 40% of my money on beer, and 40% of my money on loose women, and I squander the rest. :lol:

And gallon of petrol for 36 cent. That was in 1970. I worked for British Leyland as sparky and got $68 per week. Your could buy terrace house in Paddington for under five thousand.
Karl
I was born in 1975........WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! :lol:

Sorry dwt, you have missed good times. Unfortunately, I can't remember how much long neck beer cost then. But I used to buy it as the stubby was too small. I was used to drink from half a litte glass.
Karl

KarlS said:
Sorry dwt, you have missed good times. Unfortunately, I can't remember how much long neck beer cost then. But I used to buy it as the stubby was too small. I was used to drink from half a litte glass.
Karl
nothing like rubbing a bit of salt into the wound!!! :lol:
ha ha all good mate, the most important thing is the beer still taste's the same, cheers ;)