Long neck beer - any other users?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sitting with my two boys and their kids outside last night by a roaring blaze, kicking the footy, watching the footy, a big BBQ and it occurred to me, how many of us still buy long necks? My boys are still fans although they stray to stubbies occasionally. They were both laughing about their first shandy from a vegemite glass (right of passage). Nothing better than using an old bottle opener and the clink of glass on glass. Gone are the days of long-neck foam holders each - remember them, and cans the size of bottles? I have a South Aussie mate who told me they used to sell 15 to the dozen over there - stuck the extra 3 bottles into the top of the carton - how civilized is that (mind you, their beer is shite)!!

And as always - drink responsibly (especially Melbourne Bitter)

Great topic loamer :D

I usually pick up a 3 rack of long necks every Friday afternoon, and IMO @ $15 you can't go wrong. I've lost my largie cooler but they don't last long enough to get hot anyway :lol:

I still pick them up now and again, but I get coopers sparkling ale so I only need the 3

Loamer they were the days mate, Lol

I was the oldest looking of the under age group of boys that used to frequently buy the good old long necks.

I had a fake ID made in the school library with the first ever laminator the school got and off we went. Small country town just big enough to not know every one but small enough to have a small town friendly community. Long necks were all the go, easy to hide from the boys in blue.

One each was normally enough, but occasionally we ventured on to two each.

Continued on the long necks in vic for years, at a legal age of course.

They cost 2 much They should be cheaper since more beer /bottle I tend to buy cans since cheaper, I used to tip my can into a stubby but I'm getting lazy and old 8.(

I'd go the longneck if they were cheaper

Colmaca, you tip a can in to a stubby? :D I always buy cans as they cool lot quicker and are easier to dispose off. Specially when you are camping.

WHEN we was lads, we all used to go the southwark longies, couple of them and we'd be whistling Dixie. most - edujacated -blokes did.
glasses were for girlies. now a ctn of 12[ =24 stubs/cans] is dearer than 30 cans. bloody stubs are also dearer for 24 than 30 cans. sheer lunacy I reckon ! :mad:

Bump

King Browns in Brown Paper Bag just feel right .lol
first thing i do when i get back from Work..

Cheers
Jim

other uses are throw them in the bin and by a good bottle of glenfiddich scotch.
i cant do beer of any sort. scotch only here, sorry guys :)