Living the dream

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got back from the GT. I spent two weeks test sampling about ten different locations on two separate gold fields. Each bulk sample Range from 350kgs to 1500kgs.
I wanted to find out if the trommel could out perform the GPX 5000. Here is some of the story....
Tuned in to some trommel topics on the forum and saw some guys designing and constructing their own trommel's.
So I decided to knock a 1 to 2 ton/hr 12 volt machine up in the workshop.
1440899055_image.jpg

Next , I needed to buy some buckets to conduct a thorough sampling regime.
This should cover it ?
1440899535_image.jpg

I set up camp and then the weather turned. The camp fire was reduced to a puddle of water and all the campers ran for cover.
1440900505_image.jpg

Luck would have it, I packed the "Bush Telly" with me. I boiled up a strong brew and waited for the weather to pass.
It was warm as with the "Bush Telly" temperatures got to 0*c overnight.
1440901165_image.jpg

Once the weather cleared it was time to set up the mobile plant.
1440902180_image.jpg

1440902837_image.jpg

After 5 days of sampling it was time to pack up camp and try another field in the area. Sample tests varried from 1.3 grams to the ton to barren ground. Some areas are payable and some are a waste of time.
New base camp was selected..
1440903520_image.jpg

1440902385_image.jpg

Once I set the sluice box angles and water pressure it was time for production.
1440903127_image.jpg

Next I set up the plant and pump...
And then ran the next samples through...
1440903959_image.jpg

I drove past you the other day, If I had have known you were from here I would have dropped in for a beer or ten.
Those buckets were sure stacked high.

Redfin said:
I drove past you the other day, If I had have known you were from here I would have dropped in for a beer or ten.
Those buckets were sure stacked high.
You're always welcome at my campfire Redfin.

Great post Ryan27 and good pics that really tell the story. I must say that photo of the ute load of 20L pails reminded me of the Asian traders on push bikes. Keep up the good work and nice finds.
Cheers
Mackka

I had an action packed couple of weeks, around 20 ton of samples of gold bearing leads were processed and I started off on what was recorded as a very poor lead in the 1930's. The results proved differently compared to some rich leads.
One specimen was recovered from a gully called..... You guessed it, "specimen gully!"
12 grams of the good stuff was extracted from the clutches of Mother Nature. I will be running 5 buckets of concentrates through the Gold Cube and I expect to add another gram or two, to the tally.
All I have to do now is wait for gold to go up in value and I have some very payable spots to return to.
On my way home I test panned a gully on an area about 30 to 40 kms away. 4 buckets of material turned up approx a gram.
So I have my next spot pegged out.
I learnt a mountain of info also.
Cheers Ryan

Great post

I see you are into cheep labour!! I should have had more kids, the gran kids would fit into a bucket let alone carry one.

So do you have a final tally that you'd like to to share :D

Again, great post

Bazz

Great post you must love digging mate , I thought the fever had me :) but $200 worth of buckets is a fair investment not to mention the lovely trommel $$$ setup you have, its good to see commitment and great to see the younger generation out there working for their hard won reward, I hope you marked every bucket so you put the right dirt back in the right hole .lmao :lol: :lol:

Latest posts